What would communication look like we used all the same nouns for; nudity, Marihiunna, and the German language?

That Oktoberfest late-night afterparty I went to that one time would be confusing to describe.

Or a decoration for a gift box.

Don’t get me started on “bough”, or why it doesn’t rhyme with trough, through or though.

If you were old enough, you might remember some American folks spelling it “marihuana” as well.

Nobody mention Buffalo.

That whole buffalo thing Albany’s me every time.

The connection between those two is eerie.

You probably don’t think anybody got that, but I did because I have a superior intellect.

Well this is embarrassing; I misspelled marijuana (& made it a proper noun). :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth: Not sure where German language came from.

I’m assuming German language came from your marijuana. At least that’s more plausible than thinking it came from your nakedness. :wink:

Well, I spotted a connection. There used to be a German comedy TV series called “Hausmeister Krause-Ordnung muss sein” (Janitor Krause-Order is a must) with Tom Gerhardt. It was about a janitor in an apartment complex who was a parody of the dumb, bigoted square German. He always used to complain about the hippie commune upstairs who were smoking their “Marihuna”. Maybe you got it from there. Or more probably, you just were stoned.

Agreed.

(Tangents follow!)
When I think of “As Águas de Março”, I don’t think of Tom Jobim, the author. The first thing that comes to mind is the calming voice of Elis Regina.
I was saddened when I found that she was yet one more artist who died from a drug overdose, at 36.

I have a long studio cut of some of the banter between Elis and Tom during the session I posted above. They are laughing and having a great time. After one perfect take they messed up that last whistled note and burst out laughing. What cool chemistry!

There were a bunch of people on the beach smoking german. But the craziest thing was that they were completely german! Not a stitch on, any of them. I tried to ask them whether this was some kind of germanity club whose members were into smoking german or whether it was a german-smoking club who just like to hang out completely german. But they didn’t understand me. I think they spoke only German. I wanted to stay longer because some of them were really attractive and seeing them completely german was exciting. But the german smoke stank like skunks and I couldn’t stand it. So I left. Then one of the cute german Germans followed me up the beach and it turned out she did speak English. She said she didn’t like the smell of german smoke either but she really wanted to see me german. All in all it was a good day.

Cool story, bro, but you should translate it into Marihiunna.

Now if we could just integrate Musk and his pronouns prosecute and Fauxci into this soliloquy we could have a real head trip of drug-powered bafflement.

This has already made it into the technical world. Some time ago, even:

Fuck, die verdammten Ficker werden verdammt noch mal nicht ficken! :de:

Ach du lieber, Augustin!

Raucous applause - this is the best joke in this thread.

And this is the wurst.

But then where will we find gals?