What would happen if Cecil got banned?

Yes, this is a dumb question. It may or may not eat up bandwidth, but I agree that it is no more moronic than the 3-eyes thread mentioned by Gorgon Heap.

Of course it is never going to happen, but on that hypothetical plane of creativity and imagination it is interesting to consider. Would a ban from the boards mean the end of the Straight Dope column? And if so, would someone replace him? Or would we continue in an anarchic message board community with no great leader to guide us (excepting the mods and admins)?

Another consideration is that if Cecil were to do anything that would cause him to be banned under current rules and regulations, would he be punished similarly? Or would the rules and regulations then change to accomodate what Cecil has done?

These are all completely hypothetical, and for the most part, rhetorical questions. Ponder as you will.

This is all very much like impeaching the President, and “the King is not above the law” type issues.

The question is whether we want this to be in jest or an actual question of what an authority figure can get away with.

In either case, Cicil has incredibly few posts, only a few of which I have actually seen, but I can’t imagine him making a bannable transgression.

“Perfect Master” thing aside, he is one smart cookie. :wink:

I don’t see the point of this question because Cecil ranks higher than anyone else, so he would have to ban himself, which would be nuts.

Thank you, Lynn . . . couldn’t have said it better myself.

Mundane and pointless . . . agreed.

Too stupid to live . . . absolutely.

Cajun Man - SDMB Moderator