What would happen if you dated your celebrity crush?

Maybe something about…guano. :smiley:

I probably wouldn’t mention that. Though then again, this person has replied to my tweets a few times already.

Since this person is reported to be a pretty nice guy in real life, I suspect he would behave with grace, though probably secretly hoping the evening would end early and he could get away from the difficult task of making conversation with a star-struck lady a few years his senior. But perhaps we could talk about whether he thinks it is a good idea to read the book first, when he’s acting in a movie based on one, whether it’s harder or easier to act in a movie with his sister, and things like that - nothing deep, but hopefully enough to keep civilized conversation going until he could politely call it a night.

They’d be wondering how come a bisexual tv comedienne out of the northwest rock scene, who’s been strictly with other women for years, dropped it all for a guy from Iowa who plays jazz and doesn’t even look like Fred Armison.

I’d be arrested… well, actually, she’s (barely) of age now, so not arrested, but definitely regarded as a creep.

If that’s who I think it is, it surprised me how often she was portrayed as coquettish when she was still so young.

sigh

“Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light…”

I have two: my first one, well, she might conceivably be near my league, but I feel pretty sure she would at least try to be a regular person for the duration.

The second - ah, the second…aahhh…Count, she is why I quoted you; that and the fact that my headworm getting ready for work this morning was the entire Ghostbusters movie (no idea why, except incipient prescience).

Mine’s already married, but if she weren’t, I expect our first date would probably consist of us going somewhere to blow something up. Then, since I’m more of a theory guy than an experimental guy, I’d probably end up feeling grossly inadequate since my explosions would be smaller than hers.

Do you mean that I would poop myself in the presence of my celebrity crush? Because that’s what I was thinking too.

You would be sorely disappointed!

Reality is not what we think our fantasies will be like. It is better to not always get what you want - have some unobtainable fantasies.

So far as movie stars go, remember they are actors - some are quite good at acting and are very different people in real life. Not what you think you would be getting. The people on screen do not exist - looks or personality wise. They can do tricks with cameras to make people look perfect. They look quite different in person! They can also be total jerks.

Dude! Not in the spirit of the thread. Have a little imagination!

She would spend the whole evening resolving never to get drunk and lose a bet again.

Regards,
Shodan

I donno. How fun would it be to drag a corpse around town? The conversation would be stiff.

It’s things like this that make me wish I could go back in time to 1993. I would cryogenically freeze Depp so he didn’t go through this cringeworthy midlife crisis.

I was thinking of the total and complete impossibility of it. Life as we all know it would have to end for that to happen.

I would not be able to handle the fame and paparazzi and do something crazy leading to our breakup

(Not speaking for me; I couldn’t breathe that thin air)

Sir, you really think she’d (she’d/he’d/whoever/none or my business) want some lump of mashed potatoes who takes crap day in and day out and just Sits there? Someone who does Nothing back to the aggressive assholes who are constantly trying to walk all over them?
Someone who is about as passionate as drying paint? I think the business manager would love that person, but that’s about it. Then again, maybe that’s how those things get arranged.

Yes, it is tough to carrion a conversation like that.

You exhume too much…