What would you do if money were literally no object

I’m sure you would want someone more sane . . . .

No he wouldn’t. You’d pay him not to.

I am apparently the most mundane person here. I just want to pay people to cook and clean and play cards with me.

I’d go for the Blu cheese dressing, even if it’s fifty cents extra!

I was in a sandwich shop the other day and they wanted $1.80 for Avocado on a Small sub (And this was damn small, too!).

And this place was literally next door to a supermarket! The Balls!

What does this have to do with the OP? If you have unlimited wealth why not buy all of the worlds avacado crop and give them away?

I’ve said this before on similar threads. If money is no object then I’d hire someone to dress as a Smurf and follow my friend Keith around everywhere he goes.

Just because.

Submarine yacht

Is that you, Jules?

If money were literally no object, I’d probably barter.

i would take a large chunck, a few hundred million, and set up a trust to give it to whichever woman in riverside, Iowa gives birth to a boy on march 22, 2233 and names him james tiberius kirk.

Love it. Some time back some high school students hired a mariachi band to follow their principle around.

On behalf of my buddy Mike, a retired principal, always remember the principal is your pal.

I once read about a guy who was wearing a $30,000 watch. “Gah!” I exclaimed “For that kind of money, you could probably pay somebody to follow you around and tell you the time whenever you asked. Much more impressive, if you ask me.”

So that’s what I’d do. I’d hire somebody to be my timepiece. Of course, if money were no object, I’d pay even better, too.

Actually, I spend an inordinate amount of time planning how I’ll spend the big powerball.

First, of course, I’d set up a bunch of investments to ensure that I had an income for the rest of my life. And I’d jet to London or LA to have a wardrobe of custom suits done, and then go hole up at a suite in Vegas so I can be a hedonist for a few weeks (the concierge does arrange for hookers and blow, right?).

Then there’s the trust I’ll set up for the family (mainly to keep them at bay), which will cover anybody out to second cousin with their education or medical expenses, along with an annual $10,000 gift of spending cash arriving each year around Thanksgiving, and just in time for holiday shopping! (And if you complain about the amount - no soup for you! You’re no longer a beneficiary!)

For my friends, I’d offer to invest up to $1 million as the silent investor in a business of their choice, along with a guaranteed $100,000 annual salary for the next 10 years. For my really good friends, I’d offer an additional million if they sign a non disclosure agreement.

Then, I’d take a million bucks cash and divide it into envelopes up to the IRS gift amount ($15k, IIRC) and make it a habit of giving them out as tips to strangers when I saw exceptionally diligent or kind behavior.

I’d also set up a charity through NPR - every so often they do a story on somebody who is truly inspiring just because they are struggling to survive, and it dawns on me how much a cash infusion would change their life. So, the reporters at NPR would get to nominate somebody to get just such a thing, maybe to go to college or something.

And I’d do the same personally, like that show secret millionaire. I might go into some place that is doing good for the community, tell them I’d like to offer some assistance, than see their reaction when I hand them a check for $50,000 or so. It’d be fun.

Eventually, I’d buy a large tract of land, preferably somehow in Colorado or another mountain west state. There, I’d build my estate (complete with indoor waterfall and running stream, and home office that is a replica of the White House’s Oval Office).

I’d also set up my company, which would devote itself to researching and developing new technologies in niche areas I found intriguing (I.e. biofuels, home robots). We’d also be an angel investor in new inventions.

And while all that was being set up? I’d laze around the country in my super posh multimillion dollar RV, complete with bedroom, kitchen, and office space. I’m sure I could hire a driver if I ever felt like just being a passenger. Where to go? I’d make a lap to each Presidential library, or take in professional sporting events and concerts, always willing to pay for the best seats.

I’d retire, and use the years left to me to travel around the world to pursue my hobbies, and inclinations.

First off I would buy the Empire State Building and covert the highest floors into my lair. After also buying the Chrysler Building I would look into the feasibility of connecting the two by zip line.

There are definitely longer ziplines, the two buildings are less than a mile apart. It’d probably be the highest, though there are some that come close. And doesn’t NYC have some nasty updrafts what with all the super tall buildings that are very close together?

I think the FAA might object to it too.

Whatever else you may be doing, do not forget the ultimate project:

pyramid.

Are you suggesting that the FAA can’t be bought off for a couple billion dollars?