What would you do?

Ok, I work at a large corporation. I work some weird third shift hours and some weekend hours. I have a lot of resources availble to me. Free phones, free internet, large shipping dock, and some co-workers willing to participate, as long as it’s not anything illegal. I’ve seen The Nightshift, and like what they did, but I don’t want to be a pimp. So if you had a lot of resources available to you and a lot of time on your hands at work, what lucrative things would you do to make money, a small business type thing ya know? And have any of you ever done something like this before? What kinds of things could I do?

The rule of thumb is: Never steal anything from your company worth less than twice your annual salary. So, whatever sideline you run using the office resources must be very lucrative. The same applies to your co-workers, so the less of them you involve, the better.

That kind of rules out most legal activities, I think. Falls right into the collorary to the rule of thumb – the rule for corporations to follow: Never give an employee (vs. officers of the company) access to anything worth more than twice their annual salary.

You might want to try reading some of the Stainless Steel Rat series, by Keith Laumer. Should be something in there you can use. How about taking your companies products apart, then selling the parts back to it?

The Stainless Steel Rat series is by Harry Harrison. Keith Laumer writes the Retief books.

Man, I have just died…

Try running a small dot.com business, using your employers as a base of operations… talk about low overhead!

Other than that, I have no clue about anything specific… but the mind reels with ideas…
-corporate training center… get temps to do your work…

-hell, temp agency…

-depending on what exactly you do, the options are endless…

Yikes!

Zounds!

I’m so embarrassed… It’s awful I got them confused – they are among my favorite writers.

I did think of something Farmer could do – he could run a freight distribution operation. Big semi comes in, unloads lots of pallets. Many vans come by, pick up a few cases each. He could even be a wholesaler.