What you need to clarify, Marley

Part of your problem is reading comprehension. The other part may be that I didn’t spell out every possible detail to make someone like you happy.

For example, I never said that the girl was “an elitist racist”. You did. A number of times. In fact, this is what I said at the bottom of my OP…

“If I love you in every way but won’t marry you because you aren’t of the same religion, color, or whatever, doesn’t that make me an elitist and a racist by definition?”

That is different than me explicitly calling her an elitist racist. Actually, what I was implying was as a white person, if I made that same comment on why I wouldn’t marry someone else based on religion, color or whatever, wouldn’t I be considered an elitist and a racist. You completely changed that to suit your shorthand, and it was perpetuated on page one of the thread.

You used the term “elitist racist” no fewer than 4 times on your own, typing it each time. You also used it in a post of your own, where you are claiming to quote me. See post #30 of the thread. You quote me from the op by using “elitist racist” in quotation marks. It’s something I never typed, and yet you use it with impunity. I used it once, when I quoted you with the quote button.

You can’t simply read something, filter out what you want and don’t want, and not expect some backlash. But you do. Constantly.

And where exactly do I say this? … and then he figured that “a LOT” of Jews were also elitist racists, and Jews as a group get “a pass when it comes to racism.”

I don’t. I never even imply that a lot of jews are elitist racists. You’ve taken your own made up phrase, attributed it to me, and now claim I’m doing some figuring based on that. You spend so much time attacking me or anything that may be remotely viewing jews in an unflattering matter, and you make things up to support your theory. But making words up, putting quotes around them and then saying someone else said them is not only wrong, it’s unethical. It isn’t something you are going to go to jail for, but it makes all of your posts suspect. People that call you on it are always admonished and/or pitted.

As for where I might have done better: I could have explained in excruciating detail the reason I asked this question in the first place. The fact that this exact thing happened to a friend of mine recently. She was given the chance to convert, but unless that occurred, the relationship was over. I remembered my experience from my own life and used that, since my experience is the only one I can speak directly to. The recent event also caused me to revisit my jewish and non-jewish friends, their spouses and what I knew about their relationships. I cannot share with anyone an example of a Jew converting to a non-jewish religion, but I do have a number of examples where the conversion took place. There are also, like many folks in the thread, married and not in a twist about it either way. No conversion was required.