Whatcha gonna do with all that junk? (My hump my hump my hump)

So I guess I’m a little bit slow on the uptake, but …

I finally got around to watching the Black Eyed Peas’ video for “My Humps” and listening to the lyrics. Previously, I’d only heard it in the background on the radio at work and hadn’t paid that much attention to it. I thought it just sounded like your typical pointless Top 40 “R&B” song. I don’t think I even realized it was the Black Eyed Peas.

Now that I’ve checked it out, I think I’m impressed. Am I correct in guessing that the song is poking fun at “bling culture” - mocking the men who think they have to flaunt their money to get a woman, and the women who encourage it? I’ve gotten the impression in the past that the BEP’s lyrics were unusually thoughtful and message-driven.

Did they do that song, “Where Is the Love”?

[sub]I think I’m in love with Fergie.[/sub]

If anybody called any of my body parts ‘my lovely lady lumps’, I would literally laugh until I cried.

I mean, dayum.

Yea, I watched the video and, man, is it just like a train wreck.
You know it’s wrong, but you just can’t look away.

Anyway, I really hope it is a joke.

I really really REALLY hope it is a joke.

Please tell me it is a joke.

Yes, they did the song Where is the Love? I think it is a social commentary, and poking fun myself. You can see some of their other videos here on Launch, many of them are social commentary, like Shut Up and Don’t Phunk with My Heart.

I like Black eyed Peas… and many of there songs are entertaining…

She refers to her own body parts as “lovely lady lumps.” I’ve ignored worse self-descriptors trying to get into a woman’s panties, believe me… “poonanny.” “Cocoa puffs.”

I once referred to a flat-butt girl as having a “barely there derriere” but, being a bulimic-in-denial, she took it as a compliment.

Agreed that “My Humps” is a terrible video.

That and Fergie is one messed up chick. Did you see the pictures after she pissed herself on stage? Girlfriend is what, 28? and she looks like she’s forty.

Cite?!?

Unfortunately, I use a Mac with Mac OS X, and last time I tried Launch, it wouldn’t work. Yahoo! apparently hasn’t found the time to upgrade that site - if you try to access it with Mac OS X it tells you that Mac users need to use Netscape 4.7 :eek: How many years has Netscape 4.7 been obsolete now? It’s sure not available for Mac OS X! So I simply avoid Launch. Maybe I can find some BEP vids on YouTube.

Use the titles found on the Launch page for search parameters?

About pissing herself on stage?

Fergie Pees Herself During San Diego Concert

Fergie Pisses Herself

Black Eyed Pees!

This song makes me want to put my fist through my screen – or (like DNA said) if I’m in a clearer frame of mind, someone else’s fist through their own screen.

For no particular reason, I imagine the fist and screen belong to Nigel Lythgoe.

It’s very satisfactory.

Eeew!

I’d still do her though. Unless she had pissed herself within the last 2 minutes. She’s still hot.

Please, for the love of God, tell me that you’re whooshing us.

You’re not whooshing us, are you?

Well, some of the songs penned by Will.i.am – “Union”, “They Don’t Want Music”, “Going Gone”-- do seem to have significantly more social consciousness and musicality than the other obvious club stuff, like “My Humps.” Will.i.am’s producing is overall tight and getting better – his collaboration with Sergio Mendes’ work this year was slamming. I’m a fan of the BEP’s stuff.

To search for what? :confused: Every time I’ve tried to play a Launch video, it won’t let me because I don’t have an obsolete browser on my computer.

Well, I mean, “thoughtful and message-driven” as compared to the rest of the R&B and hip-hop that gets played on Top 40 radio :stuck_out_tongue:

Okay, my bad. I see that Yahoo! has updated their error message:

Funny thing is the videos themselves are not in some arcane, proprietary format (unless it’s the Windows DRM causing the problem). Since the trouble dates back to before the whole DRM issue, it’s pretty clear to me that Yahoo! is insisting on wrapping the videos in a “player” - actually an HTML page with the video embedded therein - using strange scripting that doesn’t work cross-platform.

[sub]Kinda like the way MySpace.com uses a freakin’ Windows-only text box for blog posting. How flippin’ hard is it to make a cross-platform text box of all things? And why don’t they provide an option whereby I can indicate that I prefer their “basic” text box so that I don’t have to click through a dumbass “Warning” message telling me their stupid text box won’t work on my Mac, every single time I try to post something?

[sub]Why am I hijacking my own thread?[/sub][/sub]

It’s hard to tell if they’re being satirical or not…after all, it seems like all their songs go straight to commercial (and sound best in 30 second bits) so why not have a vid/song celebrating mindless whore-ishness?
(I ain’t saying it’s wrong–if I got @ssloads of money to sing/mix drivel I [most likely] wouldn’t say no.)

Okay, I’m not tuned into the R&B world, somebody clue me in? Is Nelly Furtado and the “Promiscuous” thing sampling BEPs or the other way around? (Ha! Sampling! Remember when Queen sued Vanilla Ice for the “sampling?” Am I old? Sort of.)

I hate that song with a fire…
I also think Fergie is one of the most disgusting creatures to visit our planet.
Not only does she piss herself on stage, she has been known to vomit on stage too. :eek:
That plus the whole vapid whore look and the face that looks like the girl from the Sopranos after a 3-year alcohol and heroine binge.