Whatever happened to the "Crash test dummies"?

I don’t know why I started thinking about it, I was just watching tv when I thought… "It’s been a pretty good number of years since I saw a crash test dummie commercial…

Then I posted this…

Now I’m going back to channel surfing on a sunday afternoon.
yawn

You’re talking about the actual dummies that were on TV in commercials for wearing seatbelts and stuff, right, and not the band? The latter question I could answer. As for the former – I imagine whatever ad campaign they were a part of just ended.

As a side note, always remember: arrive alive, don’t drink and drive.

Also, I just got really cold, and the only item of clothing within reach was my auxiliary pair of sweatpants (I’m wearing the main pair), so now I’m wearing sweatpants on my arms.

Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm. as for the other dummies i do not know

Oddly enough, I heard a radio PSA with them in it just last night. I thought to myself, “hmmmm, I haven’t heard them for a while.”

It ended like this:

Dummy 1: Yawn Boy, making these spots sure make me tired.

Dummy 2: I’ll drive. You can crash at my place.

rimshot

Haj

AARGH!!! /me hits head against wall.
Bad pun.

Once … there was this band who
Made a music video to play on MTV

D’oh! So much for my song parody. I’ll continue, from the top.

(ahem)

**Once … there was this band who
Made a music video to play on MTV
And when … the song got played out
That … band … went from very rich to flat broke

They said that it was from when they realized it was no good

Mmm mmm mmm mmm, Mmm mmm mmm mmm…**
That’s all I have. Worth a shot, though. (note to self: leave the song parodies to “Weird Al” Yankovic.)

-Dirty

Success killed them.

No really.

Once they became well-known, plans were made to start merchandizing them. However, as government owned creations, they couldn’t be used in profit making schemes. So they were sold to a private business which meant they could no longer be used in the ad campaign which made them famous. And with the ad campaign ended, it turned out they weren’t famous enough to sell the merchandising. Public recognition faded and they were forgotten.