What's a good place to hide some gold coins?

I’ve got the perfect hiding place but as soon as I tell you, it will be that much less perfect. Sort of like how Sheckley’s Theory of Searches invalidates itself.

I keep mine in 2 safe deposit boxes at my bank. (All of mine are certified, making them heavier than they already were. If they were all in one box I wouldn’t be able to lift it.)

My heirs know where to find the key.

The best storage place for gold bought as an investment is in the pockets of a sucker.

Sell the gold and invest in securities.

Don’t hide them anywhere in the apartment itself; in the toilet, heat vent, etc. Otherwise you’ll move or die and they won’t be found by you or your family. I’d suggest a safe deposit box or somewhere mundane like a box of cereal or oatmeal.

Dissolve your gold coins in aqua regia. Put the resulting liquid in a flask, and put it on a high shelf with your other chemicals.

No, really:
http://www.npr.org/blogs/krulwich/2011/10/03/140815154/dissolve-my-nobel-prize-fast-a-true-story

Put them in the top left hand drawer of your desk. If you are burgled, they will find them quickly and likely not toss the rest of the place. If you die, someone will find them easily. Really, it’s the best way to minimize unnecessary chaos.

Bank safety deposit box.

Watch for a sudden rash of bank safe deposit box heists!

Ah, that’s the #1 reason I don’t want to post stuff about myself on the internet.

Put them in the fish tank. No one will realize they’re real, and then you get to look at them all the time.

That is remarkable. Never heard the story before.

I’m straight. I was born that way. I didn’t get to choose my sexual orientation.

I’m pro-GAY to the max! I’ve been that way since a dear friend who was teaching at Yale died of AIDS when Reagan said nothing and did nothing.

Idiots on the right need to understand the differences between born that way (gender, race, sexual orientation) and CHOICES such as religion.

How do gold coins work in an End Of Civilization scenario anyway?

Example: I have 1 dozen fresh eggs and I’m willing to barter off 6 of them. You have 1 oz gold coins. Am I supposed to come up with change? Or will you be paying me with a sliver of gold from your coin?

I never went to Wharton business school. I figure the $$ value of something is how much someone else is willing to pay you for it. It seems many people don’t see it that way, like with the RE bubble of 07. Or should I say, they found out the hard way.