What's Ann Coulter up to?

Ann Coulter has a new book coming out on December 30. This book has apparently been in the planning stages for at least several months, because I’ve seen it advertised in publisher pre-release catalogs since at least the Summer. But the book has always been touted as The New Ann Coulter with no description beyond “the next book from Ann Coulter.”

This is, to say the least, very irregular.

So what does she have up her sleeve? Has she written two books, one for if McCain wins and one for if Obama wins? Will she reveal that she’s been goofing on the entire world Andy Kaufman-style this whole time? What are your theories?

Mods, if this isn’t GD enough for GD, please feel free to move it. But I think the political nature of the thread means it would get the best response here.

What’s Ann Coulter up to?
Absolutely no good.
She’s got a good thing going/cash cow in writing screeds against imaginary issues and foes. The right will buy her shtick over and over again echo chamber like, and maker her richer and richer. Why would she dream of giving that up?

Maybe the parasites have eaten through that part of her brain and moved on to her conscience.

Edited so that this isn’t a drive-by – I’m sure there are 2 different cover designs and 2 different introductions based on what happens Tuesday. Caveat: I am fairly liberal, therefore stupid and traitorous.

Is “who gives a flying fuck?” an answer?

When the neocons who have been fantazising about Ann Coulter all this years find out that she was only kidding and that her original name was ‘Ralph’, more than one head will explode.

Coulter, like most conservatives, plans to move to Canada following Obama’s win. She’s currently putting the finishing touches on her next book, How to Talk to a New Democrat, If You Must, Eh?.

If that’s the case, I hope she will catch a social disease and forgo medical care instead of using “gasp” :eek: “socialized medicine” :smiley:

Almost always. :smiley:

Perhaps Miss Coulter’s book title is delayed because she is trying to out-do 'Publican pundits.

There are some pretty good entries in the Over-The-Top Self-Congratulatory Right Wing Book Title competition this year.

No, you misunderstand: On Dec. 30 they are actually going to unveil The New Ann Coulter.

It’s a different, “improved” formula designed to appeal to a wider audience than the original homunculus.

Of course it’s all just a plot to get people to rally behind Coulter Classic.

She’s no doubt off somewhere deep-throating satan’s scaly cock.

(Thanks, Beast!)

Poor Satan.

No, no, no, no, and no. :eek: Non, non, non, non. In other words, NO. .:mad:

We don’t want her. She will be turned back at the border and will have to seek asylum elsewhere. Not sure who’d take her, and what’s more, don’t care.

I don’t watch much TV but one day, having heard about Ms. Coulter here and there, I decided to give it a try. First, I thought it was a joke. I truthfully did, I did not believe that creature was for real. Second, I couldn’t watch any more. I thought my head was going to explode.

I’m not sure what she means, in a Universal sense. Something really bad, though. The ghost of Tommy Douglas is in the corner here, and he’s shaking his head sadly.

If she had an ounce of self respect, she’d be out campaigning for Obama, since Hillary is supporting him.

I normally wouldn’t open a thread that refers to Ann Coulter, but I’m glad I did. I’ve been waiting for years for Rush Limbaugh and Ann Coulter to finally reveal that they’ve just been goofing on us, because honestly, I can’t think of anyone who would believe the crap they spew. And it was Andy Kaufman who’s been on the back of my mind! Kaufman caused me to forever wonder about peoples’ bizarre antics. I (thought I) knew for sure that everything he did was an elaborate joke, so I never caught onto why people were going psycho about his male/female wrestling antics. Didn’t they know it was just his shtick?

So he primed me to not rise up in arms against these troglodytes, which kinda means that we can trace the downfall of the USA directly to Andy Kaufman. (And perhaps that is the big joke Andy was trying to set us up for).

PS - I count Howard Stern with Limbaugh and Coulter, but he’s just a tasteless buffoon, whereas the other two have advocated hatred and intolerance and, in my opinion, have some blood on their hands.

It truly is a spiritual challenge not to wish evil upon Coulter, and I can’t say I’ve always succeded.

Having said that I’ve long wondered if she was a true believer, bat shit crazy, or merely laughing all the way to the bank.

She’s written 2 editorials that I found myself agreeing with, which was a very traumatic experience for me. One was during the Harriett Myers scandal when she ripped on Bush for even nominating her, and one was during the Nappy headed Ho basketball thing, in which she made a very reasonable distiction between people that are in the public eye because of there discourse in the politcal arena, and those that were in the public eye because of their sports or entertainment contributions and what was reasonable to say in each case.

I usually check her website once every 2-3 months with a sort of anthropologist curiosity, sometimes I can even finish an editorial, though not often.

Hey Canadian dopers, would Ann Coulter even be able to work in Cananda, or would anti-hate laws shut her down?

Oh really:confused:? I thought she loved America more than liberals…maybe not anymore because it’s ruled by the “far left”…Ha!

I’m really not surprised by her move to make two books about what presidency would be like with John McCain or Obama. From what I heard she hates McCain and probably thinks Obama’s worse. She hates McCain because in her view, he’s liberal, shortly put, because I guess he’s more “moderate” than other conservatives like that. And in her view, I bet she thinks Obama’s an Islamic marxist terrorist anti-christ at the very least.

What would surprise me and make me happy is if “the new Ann Coulter” does reveal she’s been goofing off. Like many, I do think she very likely is goofing off. Though what makes me doubt that is the existing people in the world who believe her BS and actually take her seriously. Just shows that there’s such thing as crazy people who would believe in viewpoints like the ones Ann Coulter’s demonstrated, so maybe one of those people is Ann Coulter herself, but then again I could be wrong.

“Now with more adam’s apple!!”

And Godless!