What's everyone reading -- again please?

“Children of the Mind” Orson Scott Card
“Wintermind” by Marvin kaye and Parke Godwin.
“Vittorio the Vampire” by Anne Rice.

“Shoplifting is a victimless crime. Like punching someone in the dark.” -Nelson Muntz.

Pam,

You’re reading WALTZ OF SHADOWS? Wow! You MUST be a Lansdale buff…the only available edition is the limited from Subterranean Press, at fifty bucks a pop!

As for the Hap & Leonards…MUCHO MOJO is the author’s favorite book in the series. I prefer THE TWO-BEAR MAMBO.

Uke

Ike - Amazon’s selling it for $35 – the same one – signed, numbered, first ed. It’s described as Vol. 1 of the Lost Lansdale, and is supposed to be the only printing – no more coming, in any form.

Lansdale pretty much says in the intro that he’s not happy with the book, but was talked into letting it be published cuz folks were clamoring for his early stuff.

But heck, even a “bad” Lansdale is better than a “good” [insert name of hack writer who sells in the millions].

Geez…am I the only one here reading lite?? I must be over my head here…

I’m reading some comedy mysteries. The Maggody series by Joan Hess. Enjoyable reading.

If you can’t convince them, confuse them.
Harry S. Truman

" Colin Wilson’s World Famous Crimes" By Colin Wilson. It should be noted that Mr. Wilson has not committed any crimes; the book is about crimes that are world famous & is by Mr. Wilson.

It should also be noted that Mr. Colin Wilson is not connected in any way with the Mr. Wilson seen in the comic strip “Dennis the Menace”.

It must, however, be conceded that the current poster cannot be certain if the Mr. Wilson that is in “Dennis The Menace” has or has not committed any crimes.

I hope that this satisfies any lurking lawyers among the Teeming Millions.

Thank you. :smiley:

Save The Endangered Jackalope! Send Cash Now! If You Do This, I Will Use The Cash To Save Any Jackalope That I Happen To Find! Send Cash Now! Before It’s Too Late! My Bills, I Mean The Jackalope’s Bills Are Due The 15th Of The Month!
This has been a message from the Illuminated Committee To Save The Jackalope. Fnord.

I know, from the little transmittal that came in the shipping box with the present from my sister, in a few days I’ll be reading Lenin’s Embalmers. I can hardly wait, but I will.

I’ll report back.

Women, Fire, and other dangerous things.

A book on linguistic categorizations! Whee!

also:

Get your way! A trial lawyers guide to (manipulating people).

That’s not the real title…it’s about taking advantage of the more subtle aspects of communication - body language, posturing, speaking techniques, how to use facial expression to lend credibility to a third party…

Headlong by Michael Frayn. (a novel) Very, very funny, in an art history sort of way.

I am dying to get my hands on a copy of Lenin’s Embalmers! Let me know how it turns out.

Light reading for the holiday season … I just finshed Arthur C. Clarke’s 3001: The Final Odyssey and started Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone, which was a Christmas gift from my husband. Actually, I’m reading it out loud, so that we can both enjoy it. I can see why it’s so popular.

One of my friends asked if my husband had forgotten how to read. Ha ha funny, smartmouth!

A belated Merry Christmas to all!