What's on your mind right now?

My dentist appointment in the morning and those long ass needles that are used for Novocaine. I hate needles in the mouth. I can handle them anywhere else just fine.

I just clicked the “New Posts” button and this was the first thread in the list so what was on my mind was the Straight Dope Message Board and what threads would crop of as new activity.

I’m struggling to keep my head above the water. This month is difficult; I have to pay to help my mum moved (again! Just after 5 months!), need to do 2 dental fillings and that is enough to wipe what I could save. And it’s going to be the holiday seasons soon…

And the fact I haven’t got a rise for 2 years, and haven’t got a bonus for 2 years. Joy of working in a start up.

Without reading any replies:

Beauty. Absolute, perfect beauty.

I was walking to work this morning and was stopped dead in my tracks by a reflection in a still river of autumn trees in their full glory. I had to stop and just drink it in. So what if it made me late for work a little? It was a perfect moment and it’s still with me.

Lamenting the fact that there are so few jobs out there that fit my long-term career goals.

Wondering if I therefore need to broaden my horizons a bit.

Just curious, what are your long-term career goals?

Executive director of a health services organization that serves immigrants.

In the immediate short term, that means grant-writing experience. I have a part time job lined up exactly in that field, but I was supposed to start in early October and they still haven’t gotten back to me. There’s not a whole lot else out there.

The words to “Backstabber” by Kesha

Olives, I don’t know where you live but I see grant writing jobs posted frequently on not-for-profit job boards. Good luck to you. It’s a valuable skill to have.

When I came to the thread tonight, my mind was (and still is) on the purchase of snow tires I need to make. Soon.

On mouseover of another thread, I thought that I would not click it, since given the username who posted it I would be assured to be irritated to the point of eye-rolling.

I read the thread and thought Pinky and the Brain. Then thought Animaniacs do 4’33", taking a note from another thread. Then I thought it was just an hour ago that I thought: 10 PM and time for Castle. Now, I’m thinking I just had a retrospective future oriented thought. Did I think that thought thinking about this thread? (Probably)

What new posts button? (Shifting the gear-stick thingy and turning on the wipers.)

I was looking for some My Little Pony chat online, but they all seemed quiet. So now I’m listening to Pony radio and browsing the web.