What's sexier: innocence or experience?

Well, Quickie, if *you * were to go first, we’d know if they sink or swim. Since I’m fairly sure you’re not.

I would, but I just ate. :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, I would say experience 99% of the time, but taking a virgin is such a thrill for us egomaniacs. I know the one I had will never ever forget me. :cool:

Inexperience. I don’t want to feel inadequate. Besides, I’d have a seriously hard time trusting someone who slept around a lot before meeting me. If she did then, why would she be faithful to me now? No, I’m a one-woman man (and believe me, I wouldn’t want more than one anyway!) and I expect the same.

Besides, sex isn’t all that important.

:dubious: “Sleeping around” is not equivalant to cheating, you know.

Erk…falls over dead. :slight_smile:

Chicken. :stuck_out_tongue:

Why not? Did you leave a scar?

Possibly. :smiley:

You never forget your first…

Good answer! :smiley:

I’d take a virgin who has the desire to be experienced.

I agree with Snowboarder Bo about enthusiam, but I’ll add “open-mindedness” to it. If a guy is enthusiastic and open-minded – and, you know, interested – I’m all over him.

I lean toward preferring experience, but only because I find that guys with some experience are more likely to be sexually open-minded: they’ve tried a few things, they know a couple of things that definitely work (and don’t work) for them, and they have ideas about stuff they’d like to try. I also prefer men who can talk about sex candidly, but unfortunately there’s no predictor for that. :wink: Experience is definitely no guarantee of open-mindedness, but given the choice between two guys and all I know is that one’s a virgin and the other is not, I’ll pick “not.”

I find that the kind of experience makes a difference, too: nothing’s worse than managing to pick up a total hottie only to find that he sucks in bed because he’s never slept with the same woman twice. Women never bother to “instruct” one-night-stands (at least, I don’t), and I’ve encountered lots of great-looking guys who didn’t know dick – pardon the pun – because they never had to learn what they were doing. Realizing that even the best-looking guy in the place might completely suck in bed makes it a lot easier to not make an idiot of myself if/when he talks to me. :smiley: Again, experience is no guarantee of performance, but if I know that Guy A has slept with just one woman but it was his girlfriend of X years, while Guy B has picked up a different woman every weekend for the same number of years, I’ll pick “A.”

Jaded experience is no good. But neither is innocence when the innocent is unwilling to learn. I’d take the happy medium. The one with the turban and crystal ball right over there. Yeah, her. So, an open-minded innocent with boat loads of enthusiam would be fine. Or an experienced hand who knows how to enjoy themselves and still wants to learn.

If I haven’t slept with a woman, then innocence is definitely sexier. However, if I have slept with a woman, then experience wins, no contest.

Yes, that all makes perfect sense in my mind.

Personally I wouldn’t find either an “experienced” lover or a virgin particularly sexy.

Can we pretend they’re identical triplets, and I’ll have (in the parallel world where I’m single) the Gael Garcia Bernal lookalike who’s only had two girlfriends…neither of whom were particularly open-minded?

That way I get someone who knows the basics, but is anxious to learn and do more.

Umm…could I have one of each, please. Wrap them to go, if you don’t mind.

I guess I’d have to ask which twin is more open-minded — not that way, you perverts! It would be better to be w/ a virgin who has read The Joy of Sex than with an experienced person who won’t even try putting the condom on for you.

On a related note, in the book Same Difference the authors discuss the idea that human men are designed to like the young 'uns; i.e., sexually mature if not yet old enough to buy alcohol in the States. They remark that primatologists are perplexed by this because in many primate species (IIRC, about half) the most desirable females are fully adult w/ a couple kids.

::goes off to google ‘MILF’::

I think there’s more of an emotional attraction with a virgin. With an experienced woman you might wonder whether the sex means anything or if it’s just another notch on the bedpost. If a virgin says she wants to have sex, you know she must feel something special for you.

That said, as others have written, sex with an experienced partner is more likely to be physically better.

In terms of actually having a relationship, from my personal experience, it works much better with an experienced partner. My current boyfriend and I entered into our relationship with the knowledge that neither of us wanted to play mind games or the like, which was one of my issues with my last boyfriend, who’s not just relationship, but also life experience, could fit into a thimble.

Not necesarily. It could be many things, naively thinking it’s the next step, or just wanting to lose their virginity, or just plain old horniness.

Experience all the way. I’m no longer insecure about what I don’t know. In fact, I’d rather be completely honest and open about what I don’t know, because that creates the opportunity to learn it.

Oh, and re Zebra’s question, I don’t want to get pooed on either, but for Carla Gugino, I’d consider making an exception.

What she said. If the feeling is, “I just want to get this over with,” I hope they don’t let me know that, though.

Lie to me. Tell me I’m special. ::sniff::