What's the best PGM for Watermark photos?

I want to watermark my PHOTOS and wondered what the best program is for that? I like the one TMZ uses on it’s pictures. Any ideas would be appreciated. I use Pcassa for my photos now and photobucket is there a way to do it in those programs or is there a simple “free” program to do it.
A watermark is a shaded stamp in the middle of the photo.

Well…MS Word will do it quite easily. Not free, but you may already have it. 2007: Insert | Picture, then goto the Page Layout tab, Page Background group, and click the Watermark dropdown.

PowerPoint will do it too, but it’s not as easy as it is in Word.

Try Image Magick, which is free. It is a command-line tool for doing bulk manipulation of photos.

Web site: http://www.imagemagick.org/script/index.php

Disclaimer: I have no connection to Image Magick. I just know about it from some research I was doing a few years ago.

Try XNVIEW. It’s one of the easiest to use, yet very powerful image manipulating programs out there.

And it’s free

Once you get it installed, look across the top for the “Image” menu, then it drops down and choose “watermark”

Many thanks I tried it but went down to watermark but didn’t know what to do from there. It sure is a powerful little program. Any idea what I do after I open the watermark box?

Thanks…

I just found out by accident that it is available on PICASSA it’s a free photo storage site and I use it all the time. When you open a picture to edit it you click the box on the upper left that says TEXT and it allows you to put a Watermark on the picture.
Very cool here’s a sample of a PICTURE WITH A WATERMARK and I guess I answered my own question.
How cool is that?

I was just about to say that you could do it with Picasa.

I started using Picasa recently and I think it is very cool. The app does so much and for free. Face recognition, collages, tags, and more. Love it.