What's the meaning of your userne?

Demian is one of the main character of my favourite book - Demian, by Herman Hesse. Travis is just Tardis written on a very different way. What bout you dopers?

Der Trihs is a character in the webcomic Schlock Mercenary. He had a strong tendency to end up a casualty; losing limbs and occasionally being reduced to a head on life support. The name is itself an allusion; it’s “Red Shirt” backwards, a reference to the red shirted security guys in the original Star Trek who tended to die a lot.

Beats me.

Cuz I’m Big and Oogly

I live in Kansas and my one of my main hobbies for years was keeping bees.

Won it in a “Name The Straight Dope Moderator” poll. I used to be slythe, and came damn close to becoming Chicken Of Bristol.

The name of a pet.

Spanish for hummingbird, the subject of my doctoral thesis in Panama. Easier to spell than Huitzilopochtli.

It’s a reference to the song “Accidentally Like a Martyr” by Warren Zevon.

Two very different versions of the song for anyone that might be interested.

I explained mine already.

Comic book character

There are a whole lot of us who are charters from the Discworld series.

After Bob Dylan’s song “Visions of Johanna.”

I like hockey, and I grew up in Southwestern Ontario, Canada.

Once I was filling out one of those online “how well do you know me” quizzes for an acquaintance that I didn’t know very well at all, so I was making up a lot of silly answers. When it came to “What’s my favorite color? “ I squished two together for” Silvorange, the doubly unrhymable." I would have stuck purple in there too if I could have. I have used it as a name in a couple of places since then.

I didn’t know that. I mean, I knew about your vocation, but didn’t know that colibri was Spanish for hummingbird. What a great username!

Adam Penfeather, Buccaneer.

They don’t write 'em like that any more.

Name of the starship from my novel, which long predates that Star Trek travesty.

I like fog and I live in San Francisco.

Every user name I have ever had, had the word fog in it.
I wish I had stuck with Psychofogqueen.

Who is the username “Greg Kihn” for $200 Alex.