What's the name of that whisk-broom-looking thing that Africans shake up and down?

I think Eddie Murphy used one when he was playing “exchange student from Cameroon” in “Trading Places.”

Wasn’t he using it as a flyswatter? I’d say the answer is, whatever flyswatter is in Swahili, or something like that.

IIRC, it’s called a “fly wisp”.

Actually, it appears to be ‘fly whisk,’ but thanks.