What's the scariest demonstration you have seen?

Hong Kong circa 1970-huge pro-commie demo. Caught in traffic looking very white. Car was rocked back and forth by the sheer mass of bodies going by. People were spitting on the windshield and shouting gwao lo. I was with my mother and we were both scared poopless.

Berkley circa 1972. Nixon had just ordered the (illegal) bombing of Cambodia. Busted and taken into custody for laughing at a cop. True but long story. Watched an officer sit on another 17 year old’s stomach and beat her breasts after he wrestled her to the floor. She was a frightened runaway and she’d very very foolishly made a dash for the door. She was also very high at the time.

SFO same year. Watched mounted cops clubbing nuns in a park. Not pretty.

Well **auntie em[/B[ Fred hasn’t neglected entirely to picket black churches in Topeka. I’ve seen him(a long time ago) at Asbury-Mt. Olive, and he has been to St. John’s AME, according to a co-worker who attends there. But generally speaking you are right. He also hits mostly churches that are on a main drag, so that he can get more drive by attention. I heard through a couple of links(so I can’t vouch absolutely that it’s true) that the members of Our Lady of Guadalupe ran him off too.

auntie em and spoke-:

Yup, the Atlanta Rodney King riot. Small world, isn’t it? When they looted the Korean liquor store just off campus (remember the poor family on the roof and the cops doing NOTHING?) my photographer pal was hanging with a group of police officers and getting pictures. When it turned ugly and threatening, he turned around to leave with the police… and discovered they’d ALREADY RETREATED. Got a big piece of glass in his EYEBALL from a thrown bottle. Nasty.