What's the usual level of difficulty in solving a Scooby Doo mystery?

Zoinks! :eek:

Actualy, they broke with it well before the movie. Scooby-Doo animated “Movies” made for TV that have been made in the last decade have switched over to real supernatural menaces.
for example –

Scooby Doo on Zombie Island : http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0166792/

Scooby Doo and the Witch’s Ghost: Scooby-Doo and the Witch's Ghost (Video 1999) - IMDb

This pissed off one of the smal groups affiliated with CSICOP (now CSI), who used to use Scooby as a kinda mascot, because the supernatural things turned out to havwe mundane explanatioons, becausde now they don’t, and they thought it was sending the wrong message to kids.

Like, ironic.

I wish I’d mentioned something about that. :stuck_out_tongue:

This seems a good place to enlighten people as to the true origins of the Scooby Doo mythos.

You ever think she might be into it? :eek:

…or at least put it in context.

:stuck_out_tongue:

Cite?

What I found interesting was they apparently are tying in Ben-10 to the scooby folks… seems ben’s uncle is somehow related to Fred…

(yeah, i’m 40, and I like cartoons… that’s ok by me)

That’s bloody brilliant!

I was expecting some explanation of the Dobie Gillis connection-
Fred- Milton Armitage (Warren Beatty),
Daphne- Thalia Menninger (Tuesday Weld),
Velma- Zelda Gilroy (Sheila James Kuehl)
Shaggy- Maynard G. Krebs (Bob Denver, of course).

Is this a lame joke or ar you just consistently contrary?
Sounds to me that The Venture Brothers were concoted simply to turn things around (“War is peace, freedom is slavery, ignorance is strength.”)
I hope their production company has a good lawyer in case Hanna-Barbera decides to sue.

Wait what? You’re kidding, right? (haven’t had a chance to watch Alien Force since mid season 1… I need to find a way to catch up somehow)

I’m sure they do, since they’re owned by Time Warner.

That said, trying to sue them for copyright infringement or whatever would be akin to Coca-Cola wanting to sue Coke Zero for taste infringement, since Hanna-Barbera is a Time Warner company (like pretty much everything else on TV)

In the last decade or so, Cartoon Network has shown quite a few shows based on the concept of making fun of older cartoons. For an even more blatant example of this, check out the excellent show Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law. The first episode features a custody battle between Race Bannon and Dr. Benton Quest over Johnny and Hadji. Another episode has Apache Chief suing a coffee shop because, after spilling scalding coffee in his lap, he is no longer able to… be large.:eek:

And the… Scooby Doo(!) Episode where Shaggy and Scooby are taken to court for being stoned out of their minds?

I thought they weren’t actually stoned?

“You mean they’re not…”

“No, sir. They’re just stupid.”:smiley:

Granted, I never saw that whole episode, so maybe they were stoned after all. Like the episode where Barney Rubble was the Godfather.

They were taken to court for being so, they actually weren’t, iirc.

And, has been pointed out, certain seasons of the cartoon in the mid to late '80’s.

Coincidentally (?), all featured Scrappy Doo in some way, I believe.

ETA: Speaking of supernatural elements, I didn’t even realize how much of a zombie this thread was 'til I saw Otto’s post!

Zoinks!

When they brought in Scrappy, did they get rid of Fred, Daphne and Velma permanently, or just on the one or two episodes I saw? It’s a pretty devastating admission, that the real brains of the outfit was Shaggy all along…

At first, the entire gang was a part of the cast alongside Scrappy. Eventually, the cast was downsized to feature only Scooby, Scrappy, Shaggy, and Daphne.

Wasn’t Daphne substituted in some episodes (or accompanied by) one of Scooby’s cousins? I forget his name, but it was a gray country type Great Dane?