What's the weirdest or funniest name in sports?

:smiley: I’m glad I’m not the only one. Whenever I do this the people watching the game with me always look at me like I’m odd. (OK, more than usual.)

I always loved the appropriately named baseball pitcher Rollie Fingers

62 posts & no one has mentioned World B. Free! (His original name was Lloyd B. Free. He had his first name legally changed to World in 1980.)

nevermind

I remember watching Gerd Bonk during the 1972 Olympics. (Just in case the link doesn’t work, he was an East German weightlifter, and according to the linked site, owner of 2 world records and was a bronze medalist in 1972.)

Edit for grammar to insert “was” in the last sentence. Otherwise it sounded like he owned a bronze medalist, which to the best of my knowledge, isn’t true.

I always thought that Lawyer Milloy, the football player, even though he was great, probably had very disapointed parents. I like to imagine that they had a younger son - Linebacker Milloy - who went on to become a lawyer.

I could be imaging this, but I think there was a Trout family in stock car racing with sons named Brook and Lake or somesuch.

I always enjoyed Anfernee Hardaway. Sounded like mom wanted to call him Anthony, but couldn’t spell.

There’s Dick Burns if you like your humour a little bit juvenile.

Bill Quackenbush would have fit in perfectly on the Anaheim Ducks.

There’s Craphonso Thorpe

and Guy Whimper

and Ten Million

and Rowland Office

and Tim Spooneybarger.

And Drungo La Rue Hazewood

A now-retired NASCAR driver is named Lake Speed.

Jim Bob Cooter, backup QB for the Tennessee Volunteers, is a good one.

Jeff Beukeboom always amused me and I can’t even explain why.

Wonderful Terrific Monds played in the Atlanta Braves’ organization during the '90’s

There’s a Brazilian soccer player called Creedence Clearwater Couto.

Guess he was the fortunate son…

Old School: World B. Free.

Beat you to it (see post #63)

He and Gregor Fučka should do a card show together sometime…

Fučka and Fucks? Sounds like an X-rated puppet show.

Troy Polamalu. I always like to pronounce it “Palow-malow!” with great emphasis.