What's this thing called? (police suspects board)

What’s that noticeboard-like thing police (appear to) use in most crime dramas, usually like a chalk or cork board with suspect photos and things pinned up and joined together with some red string or whatever?

A whiteboard.

I know that, I was hoping for some sort of magical police vocab for it

I always thought it was called an absurd TV writer’s dream of what police work looks like. Especially the string part.

A “prop” or “set dressing.”

They had one in The Wire, so I’m guessing Real Police use them, or at least, Real Baltimore Police.