What's with all of the "One weird old tip/trick/method" spam online today?

I always get ones that have Ron Jeremy in it… I don’t know why… :confused: :eek: :wink:

Oh dear god! If there’s one person who could not sell me anything, ever, it’s Ron Jeremy!

For some reason those ads really grate on me. I can’t exactly figure out why. Anyway, I thought I’d left it behind when I moved to Germany. Anyway, sure enough, sidebar ad today:

Verbrenne jeden Tag etwas bauchfett mit diesem 1 ungewöhnlichen tipp. (Burn each day a little belly fat with this 1 weird tip). Same phrasing, same line drawing. So if these ads are starting to lose their power in the states, they’re apparently migrating over here to Europe.

you all really need to get adblock and noscript!! I can’t believe people don’t use these things <_<

“Heeeey maaaaan, why you wanna go and hit me upside the head with that belly fat, man?”

In addition to what others have said, I think it also plays to the perception that “single moms” are typically uneducated. It implies that this “weird old trick” is some simple, inexpensive, common sense thing instead of an expensive “scientific” thing.

is some goddamn fucking halfwit sitting on the toilet masterbating had a “brilliant” FUCKING IDEA FOR A scam line, put it out there on the web and all the other fucking asshole sheeple, naturally, started copying it. That’s all.

ONE WEIRD TRICK

One simple trick that you should try
To raise your credit score
Hit one weird trick to lose some weight
Another to lose some more

Click “Shocking Muscle Growth”
To make you big and strong
Then click the next "weird trick
To move you right along

One strange trick to cut car insurance
Boy we’re rolling now
One odd trick to erase those wrinkles
A housewife shows you how

A peculiar tip to stay asleep
So you can get your rest
One weird way to stay awake
To study for your test

Qne more weird thing to do
It’s a never ending quest

So to all the creeps who thought this up
Try the trick below
Click this weird trick to kiss my ass
And I’ll tell you where to go
Copyright 11/17/2012
BY
Dick Martin

zombie or no

these things really do work.

i bought a house with no money. got so many women that they didn’t fit in the house, so now i had to buy another bigger house for no money to get them all in. i have to tuck it in my sock to keep it from scrapping on the ground.

Re: Romeo and Whatsherface: isn’t ten months kind of long for a mere suspension? Just idly curious…

It really IS an amazing tip/trick/technique!

The amazing thing about it being, it is exactly the SAME tip/trick/technique to accomplish ALL those amazing desirable goals! Just send them money! (Or even better, your relevant credit card information.) That’s all there is to it! Done!

There is a very simple “old” trick for whiter teeth.

It means ditching your cruddy toothpaste for a completely different and cheaper method.

Buy Hydrogen peroxide.
Buy Baking soda.

Swish hydrogen peroxide in your mouth.
Wet your toothbrush and dip it into the box of baking soda.
Brush your teeth with baking soda. The peroxide will foam a little.

Fluoride DE-whitens your teeth. So using a fluoride toothpaste defeats the purpose of “white teeth.”

Baking soda and peroxide will give you the cleanest, whitest smile you’re going to get without harmful and toxic bleaching - and, baking soda does not leave a sticky aftertaste in your mouth that destroys flavor.

It is a simple trick. It is amazingly dirt cheap. And it is far better for your teeth than toothpaste. AND you don’t have to pay some Adam Goldstein $45 to learn it.

Wow, this thread has infinite life.

I heard there’s this one weird trick to raising zombies.

the majority of the ads claim that one product will not work, and it is a combination of two products that will work. We all know the pictures are public domain, photo-shopped, etc. That’s not the real deal.

The real deal is that the company will mail you TWO products in ONE box, and charge your credit card usually around $160.00. should you wish to return the products (at least in the rejuvinox cream’s case) most people will place the two products in the one shipped box and start the return process there.

The real problem is that the products need to be returned separately to two different companies, something which is not very well explained in the documentation. Most of the return center operators will avoid mentioning this. When calling the company, you are usually bargained with to only get half of your money back. Most banks are aware of this scam, and will be favorable to stop the credit card payment in full after your ‘bargaining process’ so keep/write down rma numbers, operator numbers, and dates.

it is odd that partially used or even opened creams and nostrums have to be returned at all, in the US they cannot be reused due to safety and contamination issues. and it turns out that for the most part, the products taken in combination do very little in return.

When did a lack of credentials become credentials?

Dentists hate a poor single mom because she bested them in their field??

It’s like people boasting, Why I could run the country better than s/he could and I’m a bartender!

When it became possible to do RESEARCH over the Internet.

Reading this zombie makes me realize, I’ve heard a lot less lately from Town Mom. The Moms in my town must be sitting on their asses, no longer discovering weird ways to save money on auto insurance or cure toe fungus.

Maybe the Town Dads will pick up the slack.