What's wrong with brainy guys with long hair?

You’re obviously not looking in the right place. Long hair and brains are major turn ons for me. BTW, maybe we could get a picture? :wink:

Um, where do you live? How old are you?

:smiley:

With the number of posts like this one, I believe that Lord Ashtar has successful done some very productive trolling. :wink: [sup]also an excepted type of trolling.[/sup]

“accepted” that is.

:: sob ::

Where were you folks when I a) was dating, and b) had long hair*?

[/sub]*Disclaimer: pic about four years old. Alas, long hair is incompatible with encroaching baldness.[/sub]

Once again, for the kajillionth time, I must wholeheartedly recommend www.sciconnect.com. That the women there want brainiacs is a given, and it only gets better from there.

In my experience, though, I have to admit that sometimes men who think of themselves as very smart aren’t Mr. Right for me; they’re just Mr. Always Has To Be Right. Everyone knows that’s my job.

Love smart men. Hate long hair.

But the combination really doesn’t work for me. As a stereotype, smart guys with long hair either don’t really want to join the real world (i.e. FilmGeek’s “he cut his hair for job finding purposes” hasn’t hit them yet), or they think they can do it without conforming and tend to be bitter (and, yes, there are a few real world successes with long hair). There is a little too much “Peter Pan” in a guy with long hair for my taste.

Is it time to start a long-haired-brainy-single-doper-guy registry?

Cute!!! And I love that shirt!

Stonebow’s long hair works for him. He’s a Coordinator and special events programmer for a small university. He wears it pulled back at the nape of his neck for work. He actually began growing his hair longer at my insistence, and has been surprised at the increase in attention it’s gotten him. Positive attention. College faculty and staff, I suppose, are more accepting of that sort of thing, though.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

The only thing better than a brainiac with long gorgeous hair is a brainiac with long gorgeous hair who can play guitar.

IMHO, of course.

(*Married - I got a short-haired, tone-deaf brainiac. Go figure.)

I agree with everyone here who has said that “brainiac” in this case means “asshole know-it-all who never shuts up”.

I hate long hair on most men (my dad looks weird with short hair, but he’s my dad and it’s barely shoulder-length), but I wouldn’t not date somebody just because they have long hair.

Long hair is good if reasonably well-kept and becoming to the wearer. Braininess is good too. Being a know-it-all seems to be the definition of brainiac, and being a know-it-all is a bad thing.

Perhaps. The picture browsing alone would be prime. :smiley:

Bryan May from Queen? He has a PhD - astrophysics, I think - can most certainly play guitar, has hair to shame a sheepdog and is probably richer than God.

I love long-haired brainiacs. The girls are stupid.

I am pretty sure you didn’t have long hair. Not positive though. I am sure you were brainy, though. :wink:

In response to your many requests, here are a few pictures of me.

Please be gentle. :smiley:

You’d be pretty cute if you didn’t remind me so much of the cousin I don’t particularly like in your first picture. I don’t think I’m your type though, so I doubt you’ll care too much.

I’m curious about men with mops of hair and above average but not particularly noteworthy intelligences though. Are they attractive? 'cause, if not, I’ve got no hope… my personality sure isn’t going to win the ladies (or gents) over.

DAMN, you be fine!!! If I wasn’t married… :smiley:

blush