What's Your (Baseball) Team?

I asked this question last year about this time, but there are so many new people on the SDMB, I feel duty-bound to ask it again. What is your team? It is very important that we, as Dopers and baseball fans, know whom we should envy, admire, and loathe (ie, Dodger fans).

As if you couldn’t tell, I’m a Giants fan.

Red Sox.
Laugh all you want, but one of these days they’re going all the way, baby. Until then, I’ll still love them even though they disappoint me.

Chicago Cubs . . . what was Sammy doing today???!!?

I am a die hard Astros fan from waaaaay back. My first game was three days after I was born. On top of that I went to numerous games while I was in the womb.

They have disappointed me more times than not, but they are still my team.

For me, it’s the Rangers. With the Astros as a good second.

What can I say? I’m a Texas boy through and through.

Lifelong White Sox fan here.

Grew up on the Reds.

Became an Indians fan in college. It helps that Thome and I look alike.

The Red Sox, of course. They’re the only team that matters.

This is the year!

SF Giants, since I saw my first game at Candlestick back in the 70s. Now that they have the new stadium and are winning more games, life is sweet. Love those garlic fries and the view of the city cannot be beat.

Yankees!!!
Yankees!!!
Yankees!!!
Yankees!!!
Yankees!!!
Yankees!!!
Yankees!!!
Yankees!!!
Yankees!!!
Yankees!!!
Yankees!!!
Yankees!!!
Yankees!!!
Yankees!!!
Yankees!!!
Yankees!!!
Yankees!!!
Yankees!!!
Yankees!!!
Do you get the feeling I like the Yanks?

Zev Steinhardt

Mets since 1972…let me tell ya…them 70’s were a LEAN decade for Mets fan!

They are a fun team to watch,but it sucks playing second fiddle to the Yankmees! Braves are going down hard this year.Man did that homerun off of Rocker feel GOOD last night.

Gotta go with the Cubbies. Used to like the Indians, being from NE Ohio and all, but they started winning and it took all the fun out of it.

The undefeated and best team in the National League…

The Philadelphia Phillies!!!

I am a fan of the Toronto Blue Jays…I remember their first game, and beating Mitch “Wild Thing” Williams in the World Series (sorry Montfort)…

Keith

Brewers

That’s the home team, so its my team. They have a nice young team right now, and a new stadium as well. Miller Park is unbelievable, and I’ll be there on 4/6 to open it up (so will the President by the way).

The Cubs.

That’s right. The Cubs. Wrigley Field is damn near heaven. Assuming you get a midsummer day game, at least.

Damn all of you people who have hope every year. Especially you whiny Red Sox fans (eg, Peter Gammons)…“Oh, we haven’t won a World Series since 1919.”

1. Nineteen-freaking-oh-eight.

Next time I hear a Red Sox fan complain, I’m bringing out the one thing sure to reduce any of them to tears…

They know what I’m talking about. All the other baseball fans should, too…

True Blue Brew Crew!!!

Well Blunt at least we can say they aren’t shy about making a trade this year!!

Except… what the hell happened tonight??? 18 damn hits and we can’t score more 5han 5 runs.

Toronto Blue Jays fan checking in. Carlos Delgado: 3 homers tonight!

What did I tell you guys? This is the year!!! NOMO!!!