What's your current "earworm"?

This morning I plugged in my cell phone (and like every morning I do that) it chirps out rhythmically and tonally the first two notes from “The Look of Love” which then plays in my head for hours, because I’m forced to sit in silence and work at this damn terminal.

But, at least I have you guys.

The Look
Of Love
Is in
Your eyes

Track two on this CD has been stuck in my head for something like a month.

It’s mildly annoying to have it on repeat, but I love the artist and that song is intensely cool, so it could certainly be worse.

Four Leaf Clover by the Old 97’s. You can hear it here if you’re interested - scroll down to the album Too Far to Care.

I was explaining my Fraggle Rock problem to my friend, and she tried to “help” me by singing the opening of “Flashdance.”

I could kill her.

It’s a small world after all
It’s a small small world

right now:

wanna be on top (unh, unh)
wanna be on top
(unh, unh)
you wanna be on top
(ooooowwwwooooowwwwooooowwwwooo ooooowwwwooooowwwwooooowwwwooooo ooowwwooooowwwwooooowwwoooo)
you wanna be on top
(ooooowwwwooooowwwwooooowwwwooo ooooowwwwooooowwwwooooowwwwooooo ooowwwooooowwwwooooowwwoooo)
etc.
I watched America’s Next top Model last night and that’s the theme song. it’s even stupider than the show. but, unlike the show, I don’t love it in spite of/because of its stupidness.

I don’t care what you say anymore, this is my life…Duh duh duh duh duuh…
Go ahead with your own life…leave me alooooone…

And I thought you liked me, at least a little. :eek:

“Jackson,” the version from the “Walk the Line” soundtrack. I’ve been humming it for 4 days now.

You Have Killed Me - Morrissey.

It doesn’t stop, it plays on and on and on…

Skyrockets in flight…afternoon delight!

ahem. My current earworms are anything by Sloan or Keane. What’s worse is I think they’re Beatles tunes so I go through their catalogue mentally looking for which one they are till :smack:

Tom Waits song I Wish I Was in New Orleans due in no small part to the fact that I’m leaving for NO in a coupla hours to attend JazzFest!

Ahhh yes…
Olha que coisa mais linda mais cheia de graça
É ela menina que vem e que passa
Num doce balanço caminho do mar

I was listining to Vinicius de Moraes and Toquinho singing that very tune last night :cool:

The rocked out version of the theme from “Sesame Street” that plays without warning from one of my toddler’s toys. It’s a miniature plastic guitar with buttons, but lately a gentle breeze will set it off.

This morning I made the executive decision to relieve the goddamned thing of its batteries.

Can’t get rid of the song in my head, though.

That had me a while ago.

Currently, it’s fluctuating between two Lordi songs - Chainsaw Divorce and Devil is a Loser.

Shotgun Divorce…somehow I’d conflated it with Chainsaw Buffet, from their new album.

“I know I’m going to meet you
On that final day
Water walking Jeeeezussss, take me awaaaaaaaay”

(Jake Gyllenhaal wails this briefly in Brokeback Mountain, and now the darn verse is stuck on replay in my brain. And it’s not even a real song.

Somebody save me.

I’ve had Springtime for Hitler running through my head all day. For some reason, it keeps changing up with Over at the Frankenstein Place, from The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

I’ve got songs from Chicago running through my head at odd moments…
“The name on everybody’s lips is going to be…ROXIE! Who says that murder’s not an art?”

“Give 'em the old razzle-dazzle…razzle-dazzle them…”

“Pop Six Squish Uh-uh Cicerooooo…LIPSHITZ!”

I’ve been going through a Nick Cave thing for the last week. Today it’s Papa Won’t Leave you Henry, yesterday it was Into My Arms, the day before it was Deanna, and before that it was (Are you the one) I’ve Been Waiting For.

I like Mr. Cave’s music, but I cannot for the life of me figure out why he has suddenly invaded my head.

Could be worse I guess, I went for a whole week once humming The Song that Doesn’t End, that was a bad week.

Some people started singing it not knowing what it was, and they’ll continue singing it forever just because
it is the song that doesn’t end
yes, it goes on and on my friend.

Everybody

Some people started singing it not knowing what it was, and they’ll continue singing it forever just because /
it is the song that doesn’t end/

Some people started singing it not knowing what it was, and they’ll continue singing it forever just because /

yes, it goes on and on my friend. /