What's your current relationship status? (A snapshot poll)

That’s it. What’s your status RIGHT NOW, people? At least one inquiring mind wants to know. No, I’m not writing a paper that involves gathering statistical data or anything. Just curious. :slight_smile:

As always, feel free to share as little or as much information as you want in your posts. I hope you will at least include how long you’ve been at your current status (and I’m particularly curious about this for those Dopers around who are in long distance relationships).

Note that you can check more than one answer in this poll. Choices are in no particular order. Have fun!

Single for… a fairly long while, I guess. XD

Dating casually with a friend with benefits on the side.

Committed relationship for the past 5 1/2 years. Living together for just over 1 year.

Committed long-distance for 8 years. Very unconventional but it works for us. Four hour drive apart, and he does the vast majority of the driving.

Single for about 2.5 years.

Married as of Saturday, Feb. 20!

I’m married, about 3 and half years now.

Committed relationship. I said locally, though technically I suppose I should’ve said long distance, since he lives about 180 miles away from me. We plan on living together soon.

Married 40 years this June.

Congratulations! :smiley:

Single, and I want it to stay that way (I am 44, single, no Kids and loving life).

Unclviny

You sound lonely.

I chose divorced, but I really should have clicked single. I’m both. No choice for both?

Congratulations!

I’m in a committed relationship, we’ve lived together for the last 6 and a half years. We’re talking about getting married, maybe, this year. The idea of planning a wedding, even the scaled-down minimalist version I’d want, scares me slightly…

I’ve been married about 3 1/2 years now. Though not really long distance, he works out of town from Monday to Thursday each week, so it’s this weird, kinda sucky hybrid thing. But we’ve done the long distance thing before, and we’ll probably do it again, so this arrangement isn’t that bad, I suppose. It can be very tricky when two academics get married.

Married, for the third time.

Hope springs eternal!

Together 8 years now, married for over 5.

Broke up but still friends. :slight_smile: