What's your favorite pasta topping?

I like to mix pasta with italian dressing and add tomatoes and mushrooms. Yum!

I like Pesto. I have some really nice vegan pesto (nut based) ATM, though it’s a bit too oily.

Failing that, tomato sauce is good. I liked cream sauce, though I haven’t had it since going vegetarian as I used to eat it with bacon and mushrooms.

A bit of olive oil, pepper and oregano, topped with lots of parmesan is nice and very simple.

Ragu! Takes forever to make (about 4 hours) but tastes really good.

Alfredo sauce. Throw some chicken in there … Mmmmm, chicken alfredo… drool
-Dirty

My own tomato based spaghetti sauce. It’s made with ground chuck, sometimes Italian sausage (my kids aren’t overly fond, so I use it only occasionally), crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce with herbs, Italian seasonings such as oregano and basil, cayenne pepper, black pepper, onions, garlic, chili powder and Cajun salt seasoning.

Sounds odd, but oh lawdy…it’s fabulous. I use vermicelli instead of regular spaghetti pasta, and it makes all the difference in the world.

I’ll probably make some tomorrow. It’s one of my usual Sunday dinner things, along with salad and garlic bread. It takes about eight to ten hours, as I slow cook it all day.

Way yummy!

Alfredo sauce with wild mushrooms.
Chantrels, Morells, Shitake (well, you get the idea)
Now I am making myself hungry.
Cheers,
Jeff

A nice clam sauce for me, please. Mmmmmmm-mmmmmm!

pesto

Home-made pesto-alfredo. Yummy.

thinksnow, I think that’s call Genovese sauce (I love it too)
Homemade alfredo with seafood is mmmmm…
Homemade meaty spagetti sauce was one of my dad’s specialties - we’d cook a cornboiler full of it and have enough for months… mmmm… must make a new batch.

Pasta al’arrabiata (Pasta with spicy tomato sauce.) Simplicity at its best. Tomatoes, garlic, fresh basil, olive oil and good-quality hot pepper flakes. That’s it. Maybe some onions if I’m in the mood. Oh, yeah, and some freshly grated parmesan-reggiano or grana prado if you’ve got it. I don’t know what the stuff that comes in the green tins is, but it ain’t cheese.

If the ingredients are fresh, nothing beats it (and I’m not even a vegetarian.)

Smoked salmon with a little bit of garlic, some chives/parsely and a cream sauce…

::drools::

Gp

There’s a yummy cream and tomato-based sauce with a little vodka in it that I’ve made before; it’s probably my favorite sauce for pasta.

A lovely dish that I had in Italy but can’t find the specific pasta for is trofie (sp?) - a Ligurian dish with this pasta, green beans, potatoes, and pesto. It sounds simple but is absolutely delicious. The pasta is oddly-shaped, elongated blobs of dough almost like gnocchi, but thinner and smaller.

Odder-sounding toppings, but still yummy: a spicy Indonesian peanut sauce, usually used on gado gado; heated-up black beans (use canned for a fast meal) and salsa, approximately equal amounts.

Tomatoes baked in olive oil with garlic and herbs and a bit of salt. Mmmm.