What's your favorite potato chip?

Another for Hawaiin Kettle Chips. I just discovered them thanks to the bf and I will never settle for less.

I’m not sure if these count, but I also love Sun Chips.

Remember those with the little blue salt bag? I don’t see them anymore. :frowning: At the moment I’m on a cheese and onion fad, but it changes fairly frequently.

The Wise Onion and Garlic chips are still available here in South Jersey. The quality varies though - sometimes they’re just more salty than onioney and garlicky. When you get a good bag, they’re excellent!

I think Silenus might have nailed down your steak flavored chips - Herrs still makes the Steak and Worcestershire chips, according to their website. They are very very good!

Oh, yes, I’ve had the Herr’s Steak and Worchestershire chips. They are awesome, but there was a steak and grilled onion variety that I got a couple of times back around 1991 that I haven’t seen since. I miss it! The Herr’s chip is a little more tangy, slightly less savory. Still good, though.

I do get the Onion and Garlic Wise chips from the Dollar Tree sometimes, I just know I shouldn’t. They taste just like Funyuns, only in potato chip form; how can I resist that?

Yeah, my fall back would be plain Lay’s too. That, and some sour cream & green onion/chive or French onion dip reminds me of childhood. It was a rare treat, growing up.

I don’t consider those unflavored. They’re cooked in lard, which gives them an edge of bacon-grease flavor. And to be really nitpicky, they’re “handcooked”, not kettle cooked.

Plain Utz have long been my favorite. I was bemused to find a shop specializing in Utz chips when I first visited Baltimore; here in Philadelphia every supermarket and half the drugstores stock them, so I never thought they were anything special, just very good chips. If I lived somewhere I couldn’t get them, though, I would definitely miss them.

Pennsylvania Cable Network’s “PCN Tours” show visited the Utz factory once. The quality control was nearly fanatic; there seemed to be someone stationed at every possible point where product could be sorted, weeding out second-rate potatoes, or potato slices, or finished chips (potatoes alone got culled at least three times). They also bragged of salting the chips hot from the fryer, saying it enables them to use less salt while keeping a strong salty flavor.

KP Discos in Salt and Vinegar flavour. I love these so much that my sis actually bought me a box as part of my birthday last year! they didnt last a month - yum! :smiley:

Wavy Lays.

With a sandwich. We used to buy two bags a week until middle age set in and the Wavy Lays began to equal fatter butts, thighs, waists, etc. Now I settle for Lay’s Light with Olestra.

Second choice: Cape Cod kettle cooked chips. We call them “crack chips” and not because of their crispiness, but rather because of their addictiveness. (Simalarly, “crack nuts” are salted peanuts in the shell that are addictive as opposed to needing to be cracked open.)

Sometimes these are hard to find, but, without question, my favorite are Munchos. Wonderfully salty and airy. Pop chips are awesome as well. Salt & Pepper, Salt & Vinegar, and plain are the best.

Joe

Where I work, we sold these for about a minute 6 months ago. They were either testing them, or maybe they were so unpopular that we stopped carrying them. I liked them.

Joe

We got 'em in Thailand.

Katie’s Old Fashioned Potato Chips. The plain, lightly salted kind. Made in Hobart, Indiana, and I don’t know if they’re available outside of NW Indiana.

Ditto.

Somebody used to make Ketchup-flavored chips. I want to say it was Herr’s. Also, I remember loving sausage-pizza chips. They were real! I think. Loved them.

Mom always liked dill pickle chips. Yeck.

Local brand, Poore Brothers “Intensely Different” chips. They’re kettle cooked so it’s the usual thicker chip with a lot of crunch. The ‘difference’ is the flavoring – they put it on with a heavy hand, so it really smacks you in the tastebuds. So much so, I stick with the original, salt and black pepper, and sweet Maui onion flavors. They used to have a Mediterranean flavor I liked, but it seems to have disappeared.

I am gladdened no one’s mentioned those Pringles abominations.

Except in posts 3, 9, 13, 23, 37, 40, 57, and 59.

You can get the Sweet Maui Onion chips at most Trader Joes (in Chicago at least)

They are my favorite flavored chip. I also love Taytos cheese and onion.

THAT is GOLD!

I can pretty much devour a bag of Salt and Pepper Kettle Chips all by my lonesome.

Oh yes. O’Grady Au Gratin. I loved those. Passionately. The new thick Ruffles are similar.

Amongst the ones that are gone, I loved the short-lived cheeseburger Doritos.

Ruffles Sour Cream and Cheddar: Regular, Baked, or fat free. I love them all.

The market upstreet from me has pepperoni pizza chips. They are fascinating and bright red.

Ooh, speaking of which, pizza Pringles are one of my favorites.

Ish. How did I miss all those. My squick censor must have kicked in.