Whats your favorite yogurt flavor?

I voted none for me. I can’t stand yogurt.

Let me explain what I mean by that: in 2005, after suffering a major gastrointestinal illness where I could have nothing by mouth for a week (IV’s provided fluids) and after that could only stand about 500-600 calories a day for about another 2 weeks my GI doc suggested yogurt as, needless to say, my gut flora were in disarray after all that.

I got one bite down, then gagged on the taste of the next. It tasted that vile to me. Sorry, it tastes like rotten dairy product to me, not a food substance.

I figure that if I can’t bring myself to eat yogurt under starvation conditions I really do not like yogurt.

Fortunately, the GI guy was understanding and steered me towards some probiotics in capsule form.

Oddly enough I can tolerate sauces and foods that contain yogurt as an ingredient, like tzatziki sauce, it’s the straight yogurt I just loathe. So… you yogurt lovers can have my share of the world’s yogurt. Me, I’m not eating it again. Ever. Unless very much mixed with something else.

Dannon fruit-on-the-bottom is tops (Stoneyfield will do, but it’s expensive!) with us. Vanilla, pina colada, and raspberry top three, honey is nice too. They used to sell boysenberry but haven’t seen that in years. If we’re making smoothies or using plain yogurt in something, it doesn’t matter what brand, Aldi’s sells big containers of their brand of plain and vanilla yogurt just for this purpose.

Natural Flavoured Oikos Greek, and add my own berries and granola or museli. I think I ate that daily for about 5 months, but I am a bit sick of it now. Since school is back on we are buying fruit flavoured sweetened ones that my son likes, my preference is peach or black cherry. Not fruit on the bottom, i really don’t like the sweetness of it. I buy a container of plain or vanilla and mix it equal parts with the fruity stuff. I also like vanilla to add to baking. Pancakes, cake, brownies, anything with batter likes yogurt.

I usually only eat plain yogurt. (And by plain I mean just yogurt, not vanilla-flavoured.)

Years ago I used to occasionally buy coffee-flavoured yogort, which was pretty good - but I haven’t seen it around for a while.

Apparently, SpoilerVirgin is buying it all. :slight_smile:

This. That said, of the flavored 'gurts, I like vanilla the best but I prefer plain, Greek style. I like to add my own stuff, blueberries, huckleberries, granola, etc.

Agave sweetener is also very good for this instead of honey.

Plain whole milk yogurt for me. And by plain, I don’t mean vanilla. The whole milk is much more flavorful than all this reduced-fat stuff. I still consume fewer calories by avoiding all the added simple carbs that the flavored ones have.

I add various fruit as takes my fancy. I don’t care for the pre-flavored yogurts. I throw in some bran buds to give it some body and crunch and fiber, and it’s halfway healthy.

Yeah, had someone I know make a lovely indian curry recipe, then added that damn vanilla yogurt to it instead of plain. It did not positively contribute to the flavor. :o

I always wondered who bought plain yogurt. I wish I had the gene that liked it, but for the life of me I can’t stand it! I adore yogurt, but sweetened and preferably flavored, although they do tend to get too sweet for me sometimes. I’m not all that picky on flavor, pretty much anything will do, but I’m not crazy about mango.

I am imagining all your posts in Ned Flanders’ voice. What did he say? His favorite Popsicle flavor is “plain” ice or something like that.

Tough choice as I love most yogurts, but raspberry won by a nose.

I choose Vanilla, not realizing it was multiple choice. /facepalm I’d have chosen raspberry as well.

But it does depend on the maker/type of yogurt. For ‘normal’ yogurt, I loooooove vanilla because to me it tastes exactly like cheesecake. And I loooooove cheesecake :slight_smile:

I’ve become enamoured of the Oikos greek yogurt though, and their vanilla is …yuck. To me, anyway. Same with honey; same with a LOT of their flavors. But their raspberry and straw/bana ones are very, very yummy.

Of course my favorite doesn’t exist anymore: Mountain High used to make crunchy yogurt that I also really loooooved. But they either are out of business or…something. I should look it up. Yes, I could just add granola or somewhat to my own yogurt but it’s not the same :stuck_out_tongue:

I will explain the Mountain High thing a bit more, since google is failing me.

In the 70s-80s, when yogurt was still sold for the most part at health food stores and the variety at normal markets wasn’t nearly as broad as it is today, you could buy these flat, round containers of yogurt…like an 8-oz sour cream size…and they had granola, grapenuts, SOMETHING in it that was just amazing. And the fruit bits…my memory senses say they were like dried cranberries or something. It was just really, really amazing, and I am sad to see Mountain High does not make it anymore. I can still taste it, over 20 years later, that’s all I’m sayin’. Yum.

Have you tried Greek yogurt? I find it more creamy and tasty than the regular stuff.

Don’t buy a lot of yogurt. Buy Yoplait Light (suck it, purists! :p) when I do. My favorites being Apricot-Mango, Strawberry-Banana and Orange Cream.

I make smoothies often for breakfast. Some vanilla or honey Greek yogurt, juice, ice, and frozen fruit. I’ve found that frozen bananas are the key to a nice, thick consistency–just make sure you’re using a powerful blender. And other frozen fruits for flavor (peach, pineapple, or blueberry, usually). Yum!

A three-way tie between Chobani apple cinnamon, Dannon Oikos black cherry, and Greek Gods reduced fat orange vanilla cinnamon.

I also like taking vanilla or honey yogurt and mixing in my own cinnamon. There’s a theme here…

Since I started making my own, I can’t stand the flavored yogurts anymore. So, full fat homemade plain with raspberries, a little agave nectar, raw oatmeal and pecans.

You just be talking about Liberté lemon Greek-style yogurt. That stuff is awesome. I’ve always liked lemon yogurt, this is way better than any other lemon yogurt. Apparently, it’s really popular because that flavor always sells out first.