what's your one "movie from the last 30 years that everyone in the world has seen", but you haven't?

I’ll disclaim this same as I do any other thread that I’ve started – if this has already been discussed, please gimme a link to the thread and we’ll “call time of death” on this one. (I’ll even “Report” it myself to the mods to request it be closed).

Mine is “Home Alone”. Never saw one second of it. I “know of it”, and I understand the jist, but I just never got around to watching it in the theater, and never cared to “rent it” in the 90’s, and now I can’t be bothered to Netflix it, or Hulu it, or whatever else the kids are doing these days.

Titanic. Might well be a good film, but I think the fact that its primary audience was teenaged girls, when I was a 30-something guy at the time, convinced me to not bother.

Also: Pulp Fiction.

The Matrix
Any of the new DC movies
The Big Lebowski

This is off the top of my head.
There are probably a bunch more.

Loads of them, but I’ll pick this big one: The Silence Of The Lambs.

I just avoided it as it’s not a genre I particularly enjoy, and even now doesn’t sound in any way entertaining for me. In my experience there are three kinds of movies: Ones I definitely want to see, ones I am indifferent about, and ones I definitely do not want to see, and those that fall in category three I have so far never been wrong about. If I end up seeing one on that third list somehow, usually convinced to by friends, I will be vindicated when it turns out to be just a horrible thing to watch*. Silence of the Lambs doesn’t quite fit in that category, but it’s not far from it.

*example: The Big Lebowski

I saw the original “Matrix”, but never seen “Reloaded” or “Revolutions”.

{OP here}

wow, yep, count me in for The Big Lebowski as well - I haven’t seen a minute of that one either

Shcindler’s List.

The Empire Strikes Back and Return Of The Jedi.

I saw Star Wars in 1977 and liked it a bit for its novelty value but not enough to bother watching the next two.

However, when the rubbish ones came out years later I had kids so I saw I, II and III.

But nothing since either.

I can’t remember which ones, but I don’t think I’ve seen any best picture Oscar winners in the last 10 years or so. I mostly watch old movies.
ETA I just looked it up and I have seen ‘12 years a Slave’ from 2013.

None of the newer (after the “first” 3) Star Wars and none of the big comic book blockbusters from the past decade or so.

If this verges on threadshitting – apologies; but I am the complete polar opposite of a film buff. Such (noteworthy) films from not only the last thirty years, but from the entire history of the cinema, that I have seen; are much fewer, and stand out for me more, than those which I haven’t.

(A few which I have actually seen – Gone With The Wind; Bridge on the River Kwai; The Caine Mutiny; Citizen Kane; Battleship Potemkin; If.)

Napoleon Dynamite. I saw the commercials, and was not interested. The more my friends told me I should go see it, the less interested I became.

Not exactly sticking to the 30 years rule but, ET, Pulp Fiction, Avatar, Silence of the Lambs, Matrix.

And 2003 LOTR Return of the King was the last Oscar winner I have seen (although there were a few in there I meant to see…).

Titanic and Home Alone

I haven’t seen any of the Pirates of the Caribbean or Twilight movies.

Titanic, Saving Private Ryan, Toy Story 3

Well, I was going to say Titanic, but judging by this thread nobody saw it after all.

I love movies, but admit to being . . . less than a self-starter when it comes to seeing things.

I finally saw Toy Story this year on an airplane, only 23 years late.

One movie on the distant end of 30 years that always comes up in lists that I haven’t seen is Goodfellas.

On the closer end, I’ve missed all the Marvel movies after the first one or two X-Men films.

(For me, film, like music, books, and other art forms, accumulate so quickly that it’s a ride I don’t have the time or energy to get on. I catch things when I can, but keeping up with this year’s product in any field is a full time job, let alone catching up with the backlog and revisiting the works that are meaningful to me.)

I only saw the first Lord of the Rings movie and that was at 2:30am with a fussy newborn on my lap so I don’t remember it at all. Never watched the remainder of the trilogy.

This is a little more noteworthy when you consider that I play Dungeon & Dragons, fantasy RPG video games, etc and it should all be right in my wheelhouse but I just never got around to it.