When did the Olympics get nekkid?

Then by the authority vested in me as a person who has started an Olympics-related thread on an Internet message board, I name you a nekkid Olympic researcher. Offer void where prohibited by law.

They tried naked Women’s Downhill Skiing a couple of years back, but the whistling was distracting.

I used to be a devotee of Dvorak keyboards.

Then I discovered Bartok, and never went back.

:wink:

If QWERTY was good enough for Jesus, it’s good enough for me!

The whstling was coming from the skiiers, btw. I’ll let you figure that one out on your own.

According to my recall of a recent Smithsonian magazine article (which I read in a waiting room, unfortunately, so I don’t have cites), the ancient equivalent of the “Olympic Village” housing the athletes, fans, etc., was loaded with distractions for the crowds, including gambling and prostitutes (of both persuasions). The actual Games were off limits to women – but the gathering for the Olympics had the same financial impact as in the present, and attracted fast-buck artists of all sorts.

Apparently, we viewers at home aren’t the only ones to notice how scantily clad and attractive the Olympic athletes are.

According to this article, during the Olympics the athletes tend to have a lot of sex with each other. To the tune of a quarter of a million condoms being handed out at the 2002 Salt Lake City Winter Olympics.

Um, when I said many of the female runners looked like anatomy illustrations doing sprints, I wasn’t calling them attractive.

Though some of the athletes definitely are attractive.

Hey, you’re the one with no clue; the rest of us figured it out easily.