When do people lose their virginity?

Allready happening, I remember going to the prom in my father and coming home in my mother.

How about this,26yrs 4mts 12days
Late bloomer, thats me.

threemae, are you talking about penis-vagina virginity? Or, oral sex virginity? Anal sex virginity? Just penetration for more than 2 seconds?

I don’t know about your search but I had a very easy time of it: http://www.pwnetwork.org/newsletter/99-02/page7.html

“Americans lose their virginity at an average age of
15.8 years, while Germans lose their virginity at an average of 16.2 years, French at
16.8 years, and Dutch at 17.7 years. Dutch and German teens have an average of 1.7
and 1.9 sexual partners, respectively, compared to American teens’ average of 3.05
partners. However, a recent survey in the United States of over 275,000 freshmen
found that teens are becoming less accepting of casual sex, possibly due to fear of
contracting sexually transmitted diseases.”

Just curious.
Does losing one’s virginity require a partner?
Does that partner have to be human?

Just kidding…

For the record, I didn’t lose my virginity, I gave it away willingly… and I still know who has it.

I’d just like to officially second what my colleague Alphagene said about statistics: Personal annecdotes would belong in IMHO.

Meanwhile, for those who think that 19 is probably high, remember that this is an average, not a median: It only takes a few octagenarian monks to throw off all the numbers.

I got rid of mine at age 16. It was just after the Great Ice Storm of 1998, and I was late for my linear algebra class.

The question is…do you lose your virginity when:
A-You stick it in,
or
B-Completion of the act?

Oh God that’s funny! Took me awhile to get it, but, oh, it was worth it.

My roommate’s developmental psychology book last semester (it was published pretty recently; there was a picture of Ricky Martin in the early adolescence crush section) said that the average age for girls is 16.1, and boys was a little lower.

Glad to be of, ummm, service.
It’s a punchline of a joke my grandfather once told me.

Well, when i lost my virginity me & my girlfriend at the time were both 15. At the time it was a good & fun idea having sex, but now looking back on it, we were both a little young.

15.8 years?? I’m behind! Can’t stay and talk, gotta go get laid now!

I’m with the others, how are you defining virginity?

I was sexually abused in my teens, but someone gave me a quote that goes like this: “If you were hit over the head with a rolling pin does that count as your first experience with cooking?” So, abuse (even with penetration)still leaves the victim a “virgin” because they have never experienced intimacy and pleasure.

On a lighter note, this leaves some people semi-virgins because they have the pleasure but not the intimacy.

I decided later she wasn’t THAT drunk, and I really wanted this girl. 8^) In the long run, I ended up losing my virginity to a drunken woman anyway.

These days, if the woman can walk, speak intelligibly, and keep both eyes pointing in the same general direction, she’s sober enough for me. I’ve made stupid decisions when drunk and I don’t think anybody should have immunity for that. 8^) I’m married now though, so the only drunken woman I take advantage of is my wife, and she doesn’t get drunk very often since marrying me.

“Well I’d recommend that we keep responses limited to statistical data on when people lose virginity rather than having everyone chime in with their age when they popped.”

What better statistics than those coming straight from the readers? It seems to me that enough of these personal experience replies would answer the question.

I personally, due to my extreme pickiness (if that is a word) am 19 (20 in three months) and still a virgin…yup…it sucks.

Clearly, further statistics are not forthcoming.

This thread is closed.