When do you think what will become available again?

In another thread, folk are guessing when they might be able to get the vaccine. Kinda related, when would you imagine what activities/venues will be opened up?

Either what will be allowed by law that currently isn’t (like dining in restaurants, movies, concerts) or what will you personally feel comfortable doing (like travel)?

I’m not thinking of planning any air travel until the end of 2021, or more likely, 2022.

I like to play music at a farmers’ market. I wonder if they will allow that by the end of the summer - or in coffee shops by the fall? Will we see any festivals/concerts this summer? I think a local St Pat’s parade was pretty much the last big group thing I did. I imagine they will not have one this year.

My work involves administrative hearings with the general public. I have no idea when they will start scheduling those in-person again.

I’m mentally planning on pretty much continuing as I have for the past 9 months at least well into summer - maybe July.

For my psychological well-being, I have hope that I can travel by the end of summer. I don’t expect it, but I hope it will happen, and I think it might be possible.

I probably won’t be back in my office until fall or later.

My kids back in school – I think probably summer (my kids go to a year-round school) or fall.

This is based on the vaccines rolling out smoothly, and based on not knowing if they provide sterilizing immunity. Could be slowed by problems with vaccinations. Could perhaps be speeded by rampant infections alongside the vaccines, speeding us into herd immunity.

We are fortunate that we have a remote family property we have been able to use the past year. And a kid who is a driveable 15 hours away.

Schools around us have been lurching between in-school, hybrid, and remote. I think my grandkid (2 towns over) is set to return to the classroom a week after winter break.

Have you seen any discussion of when “herd immunity” is anticipated? Either date or number of folk vaccinated? And what activities are affected by varying levels of herd immunity?

If the questions are directed to me: I have no idea. My post was purely speculation and guesswork. I’m thinking the new faster-spreading Covid is here, and that cases will be spreading even faster in the near future. 40-70 % faster, from what I hear. So I’m guessing the vaccinations will be racing the virus, but both will contribute to increased immunity.