When, in a dating relationship, do you generally start having sex? Be honest.

{Checks} - Nope, don’t see that option.

Or if, like my husband and myself, you meet online, fall in love, then meet in person and have sex that day. So I did vote for till I fall in love.

It’s too bad we can’t see how people voted because I’m uncertain who the whores who will need abortions are.
The ones who marked “wait until I fall in love” or beyond at least have a reasonable chance of marrying before popping out one of those unwanted kids.

Bunch of godless Jezebels in this thread, I tell you.

I’m one of those whores who will need an abortion. I selected after a few dates. I was almost going to select the clear chemistry option, but usually happens pretty early, which then leads to the few dates. I don’t have time to be standing around playing coy. We get along, we’ve gone out a few times, I’m fairly confident you’re not a murderer by now, so now let’s make naked fun time!

I put in “after we fall in love,” but in fact the answer would depend on what point of my life we were talking about. For a long while it was " “when it was clear the girl had bought enough of my lies to give it up.”

I don’t know that I’ll ever date again, but if I do I hope to never fuck a girl I don’t intend to marry.

But all of y’all who want to do it on the first date are welcomd to keep at it.

As soon as she lets me. You said be honest.

Perhaps we should introduce a new title for those Dopers. I think “Sex Fiend” would be appropriate.

-MM, Godless Jezebel and Sex Fiend

Not a nerd. Just your preference. I understand, because it’s mine too. I’m compatible with a lot of people, that doesn’t mean I want to have sex with them. I have friends on every part of the spectrum when it comes to when to have sex and that’s great for them because (like you realized) it’s who they are.

You can be a well adjusted adult who has sex on the first date and you can be a well adjusted adult who waits until they’re married… and every spot in between. All the judgment is ridiculous. You just need to find out what you are comfortable with.

I voted for wait till am sure of some compatibilty.

But really that means only if I am sure that she would be happy with a non exclusive arrangement. If is not determined on the first date then there would likely not be an other one.

I like a month or six weeks’ or so of conversation, get to know each other well, see if we’re compatible. After that, I want to see what the person looks like, meet in person, and assuming that goes well, have sex.

Huh? How can you date somebody for six weeks without meeting them in person?

Really? I usually wind up making breakfast. :smiley:

I guess in his mind, chatting with a woman on AIM is a date.

As soon as possible. The first night if I’m able.

The power of text, dude.

I want to assess the contents before I encounter the container.

Please do not take this as a personal insult, but that seems quite mad to me. You learn more about a person in one 3-hour date than you do in 30 hours of IMs.

Prefer Email, not IMs, although I’m flexible.

Each to their own. I’ve been to dances, have eaten out in fancy restaurants with people, have gone to art exhibits with potential partners.

Any way you cut it, sooner or later you really wanna see some text.

That’s not dating. Unless you consider yourself dating every woman you’ve chatted with from match.com.

Do you exclusively meet women online? And you’re dating them when? When you first start e-mailing? After you swap phone numbers? A few texts back and forth equals dating? It only counts as dating once you’ve decided to meet face-to-face? What’s the deal here? I guess I don’t understand how you can be dating someone you’ve never seen. I thought everything up to that was plans to potentially start dating.

Right after we wrestle naked in an inflatable pool full of chocolate pudding…

My hubby and I started off in a chat room, then we moved to talking on the phone. My phone bill - Oi! But it all depends on if you are honest with each other. I feel I learned a lot about him in the month and a half before we met in person: enough to know that I was in love. We consider that period dating, because we were talking exclusively to each other. Next month is our 12th wedding anniversary.