[QUOTE=Kalhoun]
He’s the guy everyone loves to hate…for no good reason.
[/QUOTE]
Is this a joke? Lots of people hate him for very good reasons. Many reasons have been given here.
[QUOTE=Kalhoun]
He’s the guy everyone loves to hate…for no good reason.
[/QUOTE]
Is this a joke? Lots of people hate him for very good reasons. Many reasons have been given here.
I think my crush on Anderson Cooper dates from his Letterman appearance when he discussed the odd assortment of celebrities in New Orleans one week after Katrina. It’s about 4:40 into the clip.
(While not relevant to the thread, the Steven Seagal story he tells is hysterical.)
[QUOTE=jakeline]
Aww, I made the same point as Vinyl Turnip (“I feel like the whole show is just exploiting the suffering of people who can’t afford care.”), but I didn’t get so much as a “Fah.” I’m so hurt!
[/QUOTE]
Fah! There. Feel better?
Given that people have to apply to be on the show and undergo a bunch of interviews before even turning up, it’s hardly ‘exploitation’. It’s not like people stumble onto his show off the street or anything. They know what they’re getting into.
[QUOTE=Quiddity Glomfuster]
Given that people have to apply to be on the show and undergo a bunch of interviews before even turning up, it’s hardly ‘exploitation’. It’s not like people stumble onto his show off the street or anything. They know what they’re getting into.
[/QUOTE]
The Jonestown Flavor Aid bar was self-serve, I hear!
[QUOTE=Caridwen]
He annoyed me with the whole diet thing. He’s no diet expert, and he’s sure no lightweight himself to be giving out diet advice. That wouldn’t be so bad, but then he puts out a line of diet bars and diet books.
He brings his son in, and his son is now a diet expert for young people.
[/QUOTE]
And his wife is on the business too.
I have no problem with Dr. Phil, but I don’t need to take advice for people who are famous-by-association.
[QUOTE=blinkingblinking]
Is this a joke? Lots of people hate him for very good reasons. Many reasons have been given here.
[/QUOTE]
You don’t have to like him. I just don’t think anything he’s done is hateworthy.
[QUOTE=Quiddity Glomfuster]
Fah! There. Feel better?
Given that people have to apply to be on the show and undergo a bunch of interviews before even turning up, it’s hardly ‘exploitation’. It’s not like people stumble onto his show off the street or anything. They know what they’re getting into.
[/QUOTE]
Yeah, they know that, “I’ll get to be on the TeeVee!!!” Dr. Phil is no better than Springer or any of the other hosts. They’ll keep getting people to apply for the show because they can be famous for 5 minutes or so.
(spelling)
[QUOTE=Who_me?]
<snip> Dr. Phil is no better than Springer or any of the other hosts. <snip>
[/QUOTE]
Okay, that I will not allow to go by un-challenged. (I’m not sure how I got to be a Dr. Phil apologist - I don’t think he’s that wonderful or the sun shines out of his ass or anything. I just think he does more good than harm.) Dr. Phil is certainly at least a few notches above Springer and Maury. Other shows likd Springer and Maury certainly are PALATR* shows only; Dr. Phil might have elements of that, but there is certainly some helping of people going on, both on the show and in the viewing audience. And Dr. Phil makes buckets of money from it; doesn’t mean he is doing NO good.
*Point and laugh at the retard.
[QUOTE=Vinyl Turnip]
The Jonestown Flavor Aid bar was self-serve, I hear!
[/QUOTE]
Unless you didn’t want it. 'Cuase then you didn’t even get to taste it when they gave it to you in the back.