When the Revolution Comes.....

I’ve never had a thread go quite so differently from the way i expected it to… not that it’s a bad thing.

All in good fun

>laugh, spluttering of coffee>spritleWhen the revolution comes, will somebody be able to explain that mighty Quinn song to me?

When the revolution comes, what will we do with Bill Gates?

Will the revolution be televised?

All I want to know is where do I sign up for my dacha. I’d prefer the Riviera but I’ll take a quiet oceanside spot in Boca if we wind up having to nuke the French.

A communiqué from Commandant yax:

As Commandant of the PLF, you are welcome to join the fight against any and all who would force a corrupt regime on the hard working posters of the Straight Dope.

And why would Upham’s revolution enforce a corrupt regime, you filthy running dog of (whatever-we’re-against)ism? Or is your PLF in fact on the side of the glorious revolution? People’s Front of Judadea or the Judaean People’s Front? Huh! The Cause is not corruptible. Well, corruptible only by cake. And my computer is fairly corruptible. But apart from that…

I have just opened a GQ thread on this very question, Komrade Celyn.

I am most glad to know I am not the only Revolutionary who does not understand this particular piece of bourgeoise** propaganda called ‘entertainment’.

Also, I am most glad to know that I am not the only beverage volcano on this board.

Vive la Revolution!
Komrade screech-owl

**[sub]Come the Revolution, the post-Revolutionary spelling of ‘bourgeoise’ will be determined by a committee, yet-to-be-determined.

A thread in General Questions, you say? I am not sure that is ideologically acceptable. People’s Commissar Questions not good enough, eh? OK, thanks for pointing out that link: I couldn’t have cared less about Comrade Quinn yesterday, but now it’s in my head, it’s driving me mad.:slight_smile:

**Upham wrote:

When The Revolution comes Doctors with out boarders will no longer need to exist**

Oh, that’s good to know. Finally, all those people will be able to afford their own food. :smiley:

The marketing division of the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation will be the first against the wall. :wink:

heh heh heh RTFirefly, I’d forgotten that. :slight_smile:

When the revolution comes…

I’m gonna start a new revolution up to overthrow the new regime… everyone knows that whoever’s in power is a damned fool… :smiley:

RTFirefly i wsa going to say something about that, but thanks to that copy of the Guide that fell through a hole in Time we alredy know that they were the first against the wall.

Will it go better with coke?
Will it fight the germs that cause bad breath?
Will it put me in the drivers seat?

When the revolution comes, can you please let me know just a bit in advance, so I can pack up my automatic weapons and my Pit Bulls in my Big Ass SUV, and get the fuck out of SF? (Shit, I don’t have any weapons or pit bulls, I hope I’ll have time to get some before heading out).

Anyone have a spare survival kit? Some Calistoga Water? Is the Dollar still viable or do I need chunks of Gold to buy stuff…

Gee whiz, I’m sure going to miss all those doctors without renters.

The marketing division of the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation will be the first against the wall.

Come the Revolution, we will not have to deal with excessive time loops.
Then again, the marketing division of the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation probably did deserve to be against the wall twice.

It is. We have much more socialized health care than the U.S., but it sure isn’t perfect.

Hey, Upham, count me in for that revolution of yours. Is there a sign up list?

You say you want a revolution? Well, you know, we all want to change the world …

[sub]Sorry, I just found the thread … and it’s appropriate for my 200[sup]th[/sup] post to mention the Beatles, so…[/sub]

W e all know the revolution won’t be televised (thanks, Gil-Scott), but, according to our radio station, it will be broadcast! …assuming we still have electricity. Actually, I supose it will be webcast. Darn that technology.