When will NASA build something that will probe Uranus?

:smiley:

NASA can just keep that little project to themselves. Perverts.

Well, they were fascinated with the moon…and those long Saturn rockets…and probes.

Hey, not that there’s anything wrong with that - I’d just like to find myself on top of Venus.

Whatever floats your boat Philster.

Damnit, Philster, you beat me to it!

To search for Klingons? :rolleyes:

We’ve already reached the limits of what rectal probing can teach us.

Hey, I didn’t say I wanted ruff sex.

Look, we still should probe Uranus.

Is this an artist’s rendition of the probe?

Maybe we should get Mike Hunt on this project.

Yes and here is the robotic probe.

Tragically, at some point we’d likely have samples of Uranus available through backdoor negotiations.

What will be most important would be to collect some gas from Uranus. Photographing its moons would be quite fascinating as well. I’m rather put off, however, by the fact that Uranus has 11 rings. I didn’t know that was even physically possible.

I have heard Uranus is large and gaseous.

I think it must be overexposure to the word, and the fact that I always read it as Uranus, but I just don’t find Uranus jokes particularly funny.

sigh A little piece of me has died.

I read the thread title and thought, absolutely! The rings of Uranus are unique because the ring particles are on the order of ten meters across. And we really need a closer look at [url=“http://seds.lpl.arizona.edu/nineplanets/nineplanets/miranda.html”]Miranda**, which is, bar none, the strangest moon in the Solar System. And why are the albedoes of the Uranian moons so low, anyway? And, hell, what’s up with that screwey magnetic field? It is not centered on the center of the planet, and it’s tipped 60 degrees relative to the rotational pole. Is the magnetic field indeed created in a layer of “slushy” water and ammonia deep inside the planet?

But, ya know, that’s just me.

I’ve already seen quite enough of Uranus, thank you very much. :mad:

Fry: “Just don’t make me smell Uranus!”
Leela: “I don’t get it.”
Professor: “Fry, scientists renamed Uranus in the 2600s to end that stupid joke once and for all.”
Fry: “Oh…what’s it called now?”
Professor: “Urectum!”

“Uranus can sit on it and spin… sideways!”

Podkayne, I agree with you whole-heartidly. Sometimes there is more to life than contamplating serious facts on the message boards.

But then I think about a chick I used to work named Miranda. Hot hell she was hot. And now, thanks to you, I found out that she circles Uranus.

Podkayne, I patiently await the planet to be changed to Mianus.