When you were a kid, what was your favourite film?

As an adult I’m not sure what my fave film is. It might be Shawshank Redemption but as I say I am unsure.

But when I was a kid there was little doubt. The film I loved the most was “Flight of the Navigator”

I am 30, so I was a kid between the years 1979 and 1988.

Before age 10- I’d say my favorite flick was Sound of Music. Between 10-15, we began to discover the video store and I was in love with Raiders of The Lost Ark, Star Wars and All of Me (still awesome Steve Martin/Lily Tomlin flick). We also loved Uncle Buck, and all the John Hughes high school films.

I’m 37, my favorite film now is Trainspotting, go figure.

Around The World in 80 Days, 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea and later, The Pink Panther.

Ghostbusters, Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, and Explorers.

My Dad once made an idle inquiry about how many times a video tape could be played before it would wear out. The tape in question was Annie, and I believe the format was Betamax. Hee.

Haven’t seen that movie in years, but I bet I could still quote entire scenes. Born 1976, btw.

Help!

Star Wars, no question about it. Born in '75.

Escape to Witch Mountain. A little weird, because it was made in 1975 but I grew up in the nineties.

I think it would have to be Star Wars, although Raiders of the Lost Ark would come in a very close second. I was 6 years old during most of 1974 and turned 13 in late 1980, for reference on my age.

I was seven when Star Wars came out. No question what my favourite movie was.

The Sound of Music and Moonwalker (Michael Jackson)

The Wizard of Oz. It still is!

Hook.

I watched it about 40 times back then.

I saw it again about two years ago and was amazed at how horrible it has become.

We’re about the same age. I’d have to go with Star Wars, at least until it was supplanted by Airplane!

King Kong. The original.

When I was a kid in the 50s, Million Dollar Movie used to show the same movie every week night at seven PM for a week, and about four times each on Saturday and Sunday. Whenever King Kong was the movie of the week, I would try to watch as many showings as possible.

Man, I loved those dinosaur battles.

I watched The Dark Crystal a billion times, even though it scared me. We rented it and I had my parents make me a copy, which was done with about a million miles of coaxial cable from their bedroom to the living room.

The Secret of Nihm

The Last Unicorn

Labyrinth

Ferris Bueler’s Day Off

Princess Bride

I’m sure there are more I’ll think of later.

It was a long, long time ago, but one was The World of Henry Orient: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0058756/

As well as anything with Doris Day, such as Pillow Talk, Send Me No Flowers–stuff like that, especially when she starred with Rock Hudson.

Jurassic Park. I just really liked dinosaurs.

I was all set to whine that the OP could only be answered by kids who grew up with VCRs, but you reminded me of Gravesend Manor on WOI-TV (Ames, Iowa) on Saturday nights. We grew up watching the Universal classics – Frankenstein, The Wolf Man, Dracula, The Mummy, The Invisible Man, and all the Returns, Sons, Wives, and Daughters they spawned. Good times! My favorite was Frankenstein.