When YOUR original thought becomes a trend.

I hate this.

I clearly remember telling myself when I was a teenager that if I ever started to go bald; I’d just shave my head. Well, sure enough at 28, my hair got bad enough that I had to shave it off. But now, ten years later, so is every other guy!

Really, you guys need to stop copying me.

If I could at least get credit for doing it BEFORE the trend started I could deal with that.

That was already a trend ten years ago. In fact, guys were doing that long before you were born.

Can’t think of any examples myself. I’m usually behind the curve on trends.

Sorry to rain on your parade, but I shaved my head in 1963.

Heavy dosages of coke and alcohol will take care of those pesky original thoughts for you. :smiley:

Yul Brenner was the first very sexy bald - on purpose man I can remember. I’m only 51 so there may have been many before him.http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.geocities.com/crawfordgirl/yul2.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.geocities.com/crawfordgirl/yulreviews.html&usg=__SU8f_xvQXB5BFOZXZ5hDAawuwE0=&h=388&w=306&sz=19&hl=en&start=3&um=1&tbnid=PkyOj84bsMbPHM:&tbnh=123&tbnw=97&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dyul%2Bbrenner%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26rls%3Dcom.microsoft:en-us%26sa%3DN

Who loves ya, baby!

Oh come on now guys. I get people were shaving their heads long before I was born. All I’m saying is people certainly weren’t doing it to the extent that it could be called a “trend” like it is now.

I have no stats to back this up but still.

I’m with you on this. I shaved my head in 2001, just for the hell of it (and I was having a bit of a breakdown :(), and once I did that I noticed that it was starting to become a huge trend. Or possibly I didn’t notice how many others were doing it until I did it… No, I like the other version better :wink:

Same thing with facial hair. I had this nice vandyke (what most people mistakenly refer to as a goatee) going at one point. Then it became huge, and everyone and their brother had one. So I went with a Fu Manchu instead, which I predict will be the next big thing.

Stop copying me!

I think the closest I have come to this is when I was a junior in HS two friends of mine and I were driving down the highway at about 3 in the morning and there was this dead animal lying on the side of the road. It was HUGE! I looked at it and said, “Is that a bear?” because it was probably the largest wild animal I had seen and my friends Mike and Zak both started laughing because it was TX and bears really don’t have much of presence there. This started a whole conversation that led to the catch phrase, “I’m a bear, I’m a bear!” while doing jazz hands.

Fast forward to my freshman year of college and I am hanging out with a few people I went to HS with including this guy named Chris that I hadn’t known when we were in school together. We were surfing the net and there was something about bears on one of the sites we had pulled up and Chris says, “I’m a bear, I’m a bear!” complete with jazz hands. I looked at him and asked him where he heard that and we discovered that this inside joke had crept around the school and there were lots of people who now used the bear/jazz hands meme. I was floored that something I had helped to create had spread so far and wide.

So that’s where that came from?!
:wink:

DEEZ NUTZ!

Thats right, I invented that.

1985 Hickory Ridge Mall Memphis Tn.

I was walking in the mall with my buddy’s. When I pointed at nothing in particular and said…

RG- “Hey John, Your Mom really likes these.”

John-“Likes What?”

RG- “DEEEZ NUTZ!”

John “Asshole.”

Beat that.