Where can I find recent historical data?

There are lots of sites with numbers about this pandemic, but they seem to be of only two types: (a) The grand totals of how many people are infected / diagnosed / tested positive / dead / etc, since the beginning. (b) And there are how many people got infected / diagnosed / tested positive / dead / etc, yesterday.

That makes it difficult for me to do my own statistical research. I’d like to find the numbers of what happened on April 1, April 2, April 3, etc etc etc, and plug them into a spreadsheet so I could see for myself whether the numbers are going up or down, and how steeply.

Ideally, I’d like these numbers for my particular state and county. Any suggestions where I can find this sort of data?

The state will likely have a website and the county may (depending on how big the county is), so look for that–Department of Public Health, perhaps.

One obvious way is to start on the page in Worldmeters that gives US state breakdowns - United States COVID - Coronavirus Statistics - Worldometer

Then you scan across to the right hand side for your state to the ‘Source’ column, which from the few i’ve tried take you to a state-based medical data authority. They may take you straight to a data summary or, more likely, you’ll have to google the agency name and see what their website has to offer in the way of cumulative data.

The data should be there but you might need to do some googling.

This page offers a wide variety of graphs for the data you’re speaking of.

At the bottom of the page is a place to click to get the John Hopkins dataset they use. (I’ve never thought to click, because the graphs already show most of the trends you’d want to look at.)

Thank you all. Banksiaman’s link was pretty good, but septimus’ is great. Thanks again.

Bing.com / Covid

You Will Get All Details Here

I’d also check CDC. I don’t know if WHO is doing a decent job of tracking.

It could be difficult if you are gathering stats from more than one source. Each website could have a different way of collecting and/or processing data.

You can make statistics say just about anything.

~VOW