(Where) Did you go to college?

Undergrad degrees in Chemistry and Education from University of Maryland (Yeah, TERPS!!)
Graduate degree in Educational Measurement, Evaluation and Statistics from University of Maryland. (My gawd, I’m a geek!)
Don’t EVER call me Dr. Spritle.

I chose U of M for undergrad based on proximity and in-state tuition. :slight_smile:
I chose U of M for grad based on proximity and program. No other local college/university offered such a program.

I guess it was enjoyable. I took lots of “diversity” courses in undergrad (human sexuality, history of the Viking era, folksongs and ballads, etc.) Grad school was hard work as I was working full time also. All elective courses were in surveying and sampling theory :full body shudder:

1. Bachelors Degree in Computer Science
  2. Polytechnic University, Long Island campus. I wanted to go to Rensselaer (RPI) but Poly gave me a full scholarship so I went there instead.
  3. N/A
  4. It was alright. Most everyone commuted so there wasn’t much social type stuff to do there. Plus there were very few good looking women to stare at. I think I got a great education though and made a bunch of friends.
  1. Completed? My M.S. in Geology… but I’m only this -><- far from finally finishing my PhD (now, how long have I been saying that? Maybe I should get off the internet and get back to working on my dissertation ms. revisions).

2. After floating around a few Dallas-area community colleges (Eastfield College, Mesquite; Collin Co. Comm. Coll., McKinney; and best of all–Richland College, Dallas), I wound up at Sul Ross State University in Alpine, Texas, where I completed my B.A. in History before switching to Geology. As a remarkably unambitious youth, there was no school I wanted to go to.

3. I did my M.S. at Sul Ross, but I’ve been doing my Ph.D. at Baylor University. Except, of course, that I don’t actually live in Waco–as soon as I completed my classwork and residency requirements, I moved back to Alpine and took a position at my former Alma Mater. There were several schools I would’ve gone to for the PhD, but of all the ones that accepted me, Baylor offered the sweetest deal.

4. Yep. In fact, I love livin’ the University lifestyle so much, I’m doing it for a living!

Okay… now back to my revisions…

1. BA in Film and English (double major); MA in Film Archival Studies

2/4) I got into Northwestern but couldn’t afford it; I went to UC Berkeley instead and had a blast. Great school, opportunities, and memories. I still live walking distance from campus

3/4) Given that there was (at the time) only one postgraduate degree in my field in the world, I had little choice: the University of East Anglia, Norwich, UK. Experienced some tremendous things and got to travel quite a bit, but it was very hard because I left a mere 2 months after my wife and I were married (she did fly out a few times, though).

1. Law school.

2. Philadelphia College of Textiles and Science (now known as Philadelphia University). BS in Marketing, 1992

3. The Dickinson School of Law (now part of Penn State University). JD, 1995

4. I loved Textile when I was there and now that I’ve been out almost ten years, I look back on it with nostalgia. Law school was a love/hate relationship when I was there, but now that I’ve been out for awhile I’m starting to have some warm fuzzy nostalgia.

Zap!

What?!?! They took a law school that was part of a wonderful liberal arts college and let it be eaten up by those rat bastards at Penn State?!? Argh!

1. Like Pantarelle up there, I am very close to getting my PhD. Since I don’t have it yet, I have to say my M.A. is my highest degree. That’s in Education; my A.B. is in Economics

2 & 4. I went to Randolph-Macon Woman’s College. It was my first and practically only choice and I loved it.

3 & 4. I went to grad school (still am at grad school) at University of Michigan. I did not want to come here; I wanted to go to Penn. But U-M gave me better money. As it turns out, U-M was the far better place to be, so it was the right choice. I’ve been quite happy–my fellow graduate students are amazing and inspiring, and the faculty in my program are tops in the field. This is a neat place to be for grad school, but it would not have appealed to me as an undergraduate.

1. Bachelors of Arts in History.

2. DePaul University in Chicago.

3. Nope.

4. My experience was not the typical college student. I returned to school after owning my own business for several years. I was newly married and taking care of our newborn daughter (nanny while I was in class). I also was doing basically full time work on my business and when I sold that, I was working full time+ at a bunch of different jobs. Not much social time there, in fact the best friend I made in school was my Geography teacher. We still get together sometimes although since he moved to San Diego it’s not as frequent.

1. Double BS in biochem/molecular bio. Will finish my MBA in June.

2. Undergrad at UW-Eau Claire

3. Grad school at UW-Madison (yep, my entire educational experience is in the great state of Wisconsin).

4. Loved undergrad. Grad sucks becuse I’m working full time and going to school nights 3/4 time. Interesting classes, great education, but I’ll need to sleep for about a year when I’m done to catch up. Not to mention I have no life except school and work.

Would I do anything over? I think I would go to an out-of-state undergrad school. UWEC is a great school, but I wish I’d gotten out to see the world a little more. Now if i want to see the world, I have to do it a week at a time :frowning:

honorary PhD. Ugh. Real Masters.

1. Undergrad - dual degrees, BS in Biology, BA in Music (percussion) Baldwin-Wallace College, Berea, OH. 1991. I loved it there.

2. Graduate - University of Pittsburgh,[sub]yeah panthers[/sub], Pittsburgh, PA. Molecular Microbiology. 1996. I would not do this again if I had the option for a do-over. The honorary is from research I did while working, it’s a long, strange story how I got it, but it’s mostly my extorting my alma mater.

3. As much as I enjoyed school as a whole, I sincerely doubt that I would go so far in education again. I didn’t like the field much once I started working, and now I’m pretty sorry I spent that much time pursuing my education. I worked for about 5 years, did some pretty cool things, now I just say I’m retired.

-sic

1. Bachelor’s Degree, in History

2. Colby College, Waterville, Maine

3. Haven’t been yet-preparing to take my GRE so I can apply to a MLS program at Clark Atlanta University. My boss wants me to go for an MBA at Georgia State- I have no desire for an MBA at all.

4. It was a fantastic four years-I was someplace my brother’s hadn’t been before me, so there were no expectations about how well I’d do. I was able to find what I really loved, and learn about it. Yeah, I made mistakes, and no, I couldn’t go back now, because I’ve grown beyond that stage in my life- but it was fantastic at the time and I wouldn’t trade that time for anything. \

1. BA in Geology, 2001.

2. Smith College, transferred from Northern Virginia Community College. Went back to college after many years out of school.

3. Haven’t settled on a grad school yet; my plans have become rather more fluid since I graduated. My first loves are igneous petrology (hi, Pantellerite!) and planetary geology, but some other ideas have begun floating around in my brain.

4. Loved Smith. I struggled mightily at times with a number of different challenges, not all academic, but I wouldn’t have traded it for anything. I loved the Geology department at Smith, loved being around so many other smart, talented, ambitious women, loved the opportunities and connections that I made there.

1. BS in Computer Science
  2. University of Wisconsin - Madison
  3. No grad school… found that there was no close correlation between advanced degrees and more money in my field in those days, so I never went back to grad school.
  4. Absolutely LOVED it!!! Madison is great.

I have a son in college (Michigan State) and a daughter who’s a High School junior… I mention this because it is quite the experience to visit the colleges again… I became very nostalgic about my college years. I told my son I was extremely envious of him.

BS, Civil and Environmental Engineering, Duke University, 1988.25

Another 0-11 football team (two years in a row, beat THAT Loopus!), but hell, now it’s BASKETBALL season! Don’t worry, romansperson, you’re in grad school, so I won’t hold anything against you.

No grad school for me as of yet. I loved college. Went from a Big Fish in a Small Pond to a Small Fish in a freakin’ OCEAN of smart people. Grew up a lot, learned how much I didn’t know about things, and made some great friends.

UCSD.

1. What’s the highest level of education you’ve completed?
Master of Library & Information Studies

2. If you went to college, where did you go?
Furman University

3. If you went to grad school, where did you go?
University of North Carolina at Greensboro

4. Did you enjoy your experience there?
Yes, mostly.

B.A., anthropology, Brigham Young University, 1991
(Rise and Shout…13-0, baby!)

currently in grad school, geography, New Mexico State University (switching to public history, though)

undergrad was up and down; at times great fun, at others the most depressed I’ve ever been in my whole life.

1. What’s the highest level of education you’ve completed?
Not sure. Either a master’s degree or a law degree.
2. If you went to college, where did you go?
University of Toronto and Laurentian University (Hon.B.A. – English).
3. If you went to grad school, where did you go?
University of Waterloo (M.A. – English), and University of Western Ontario (LL.B. – law).
4. Did you enjoy your experience there?

Loved the libraries at the University of Toronto, the small classes at Laurentian University, the unlimited computer resources at the University of Waterloo, and a particularly wonderful environmental science grad course at the University of Western Ontario.

B.A. in Political Science from Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA 1987
Master’s Degree in Urban and Regional Planning from VCU 1992

I’d go back to school in a heartbeat, but not to VCU.

BA in Public Archaeology, '99, from Bridgewater State University. (Heh, I did a lot of that website as a student employee as well…)

I transferred to UMass Amherst for one semester, my junior year, and loved it. Had to drop out for financial reasons. Went back to BSC a year later and finished up there.

No grad school yet, which is why I’m not working as an archaeologist.

I did enjoy my undergrad experience, but looking back, I wish I had enjoyed it more. I was so busy trying to save the world, and survive on my own, that I dind’t really get too much time to enjoy it. If I could go back and do it all over again I’d work harder and play harder.

Damn! Not that Bridgewater’s not worthy or anything, but it’s Bridgewater State College, not University. Though when I was there, there were rumors that it was going to become part of the UMass system.

Carry on.