where do we go to meet one another

I have been reading the Straight Dope for a number of years, but am fairly new to MPSIMS. I am interested in any conventions, get togethers, etc where we can all get together. Is there such a beast?

My question is are there festivals or conventions for us 'dope heads?

Well, there is a Hash Bash in Ann Arbor, Michigan every year. Never mind, wrong dope.

Dopeler effect:
The tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when they come at you rapidly.

Some of us are getting together in Chicago on November 21st, others of us are going to be in St. Louis on December 11th.

I’m going to both because I want to meet everyone…wish I could go to NY…

“Excrement. That is what I think of J. Evans Pritchard, PhD.” --Robin Williams, Dead Poets Society

Chris’ Homepage: Domestic Bliss

What is the occasion that the “gang” will be getting together for? Where and when (ie: hotel, convention center, etc and time)

thanks,
rubes

just looking to mingle w/like minded souls

I think there is a meeting in Idaho somewhere. Someones uncle is having a party, or something.

OK, I’m a newbie, I admit it. I do see that there are a number of get-togethers planned for various areas. Can someone put together a list of what’s dates/locations are currently in the works? I’m willing to facilitate a meeting in the Twin Cities, if anyone is interested. (I’m a tad upset that no one responded to my Minneapolis offer :frowning: )

rubes

http://www.straightdope.com/ubb/Forum4/HTML/001853.html

Click this link.

Dopeler effect:
The tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when they come at you rapidly.

UncleBeer, you are a true friend. I used to go by Uncle Reuben, but that has since been shortened to either rubes or ruby.

thanks for the link :slight_smile:

Mmmmmm, rueben.