Where have YOU seen ads for the morning after pill?

You know, RU486. I saw one on the #2 train riding from the Bronx to Manhattan. I’ve never seen an advertisement for this product ANYWHERE else. Have you?

BTW, I’m asking for input because I think mapping out RU486 sightings provides fodder for sociological commentary. The drug is very clearly controversial, but (at least in my imagination) there exists a large potential market for this product. And it is the nature of free enterprise to exploit a market.

Seeing the ad on the #2 train left me wondering why this is the only place I’ve seen RU486 advertised? If the drug weren’t controversial, wouldn’t ads for it be popping up in all sort of places that women of child-bearing age would be likely to see? Cosmopolitan magazine or the Oprah Winfrey show, for example.

Maybe these ads do abound? Much as I hate to admit it, I don’t follow Cosmo, and things between me and Oprah just haven’t been right for a long time. Furthermore, I don’t get out as much as I should. Therefore, friends, Romans, fellow Dopers, lend me your eyes (throw the ears in too if you’ll give them up for cheap). Tell me of your sightings of the commercial promotion of RU486.

In the Philadelphia / Wilmington area, there have recently started appearing TV ads for “72-hour-after” contraception treatment. I’m not clear if this is for the old ‘morning-after’ pill, or something new.

Sorry to be a stickler, but are they on during daytime, primetime, the wee morning hours? And during which shows?

Hmmm…

I watch a lot of TLC and Discovery. My wife watches a lot of VH-1. Other than that, I’m not too sure. I’ll have to watch for more detail. I’ve seen them in the evenings (prime time) and early afternoons this past weekend. Oh, and the same series are also running on rock and oldies radio stations in the afternoon drive-time.

More detail when I’ve got it.

a clarification guys…

RU486 is not the morning after pill.
The morning after pill (marketed as Preven) prevents a pregnancy from occurring when taken within 72 hours.

RU486 (Mifeprex in the U.S.) ends a pregnancy in the first seven weeks.

You can find further info at the NARAL site.