Where should I move?

Ive been to Singapore and loved it. My only concern would be what appears to be a very strict code of conduct. We’ve all heard the rumore about chewing gum and littering. Personally I dont litter OR chew gum so those two particular laws wouldnt effect me. because of those two however, Singapore is beautifully clean. On top of that english is very common and the food is amazing! Ill put it on the list thanks.

Well, Singapore wasn’t on my list, actually; I only note that it is a useful adjunct to Indonesia. But sure, Singapore is a great place with plenty of recreation and, as you say, exquisite food. But it is an expensive place to live.

Costa Rica has never had a military coup, has a very large American population, low expenses, and tax-free status for pensioners.

By the way, it’s in Central America.

Sorry, I did know that.

What does a majority of the American population do there for work? Tourist related employment?

What are real estate prices like, if you wanted to buy a home?

Dik?

Preposterous, I don’t have horns. :slight_smile:

I wasnt sure if the server would block “DICKS”…even if they are in a box!

Most are retired or otherwise financially independent. Tourism work is certainly available, but it’s going to require fluency in Spanish of course.

As for what houses cost, a friend of mine owns a very comfortable 3 BR bungalow style home (all modern conveniences) in a suburb of San Jose that cost $64,000. A beach house can be had for $100K (small) to as much as you want to pay, but $150 to $250k can buy one that couldn’t be touched for under $1 million Florida or $2 million in California. (One thing about the beach property though- it’s a further walk to the beach than in the US because by national law the coastline is public property and nothing can be built on it, so most beachhouses (meaning houses within a quick walk to the beach and nothing obstructing a beach view) are across the road from the actual beach.)

I’d go New Zealand for no other reason than it’s gorgeous and I think I’d get along real well there.

Disclaimer: I’ve never been :frowning:

I hope some Kiwis weigh in because when I originally stared thinking about where I want to go I thought of New Zealand. I think theyre staying quiet to keep Americans out!