Where to buy AC power cords online?

I need to get a new power cord for my Panasonic LCD projector. It’s not one of the PC type power cords that are a dime a dozen, and it’s not one with a DC transformer on the end. It’s just a two-wire AC power cord like you see on many small appliances.

The end that plugs in to the projector is about 3/4" by 1/4" and from the end looks something like a figure 8, with two round ends and a groove in the middle on both sides. Molded into the plastic is the name LINE TEK and a number LS-7C on one side and LS-7J on the other side.

I can find a website for Line Tek using Google. Apparently they are in Taiwan and make power cords, among other things, and if I navigate through their site I can find a picture of the LS-7C connector (go to page 4 and click on the picture to enlarge). But there is no information on how to order.

I emailed Panasonic’s parts department, and they would be happy to sell me a new power cord for only $15.95 plus $6.95 for shipping. This seems just a tad exhorbitant to me.

Does anyone know of an online site that sells generic power cords at reasonable prices? I’m sure this identical cord is used in dozens, if not hundreds of small appliances.

When I worked in the service industry, I got almost everything from MCM Electronics.

Looks like Radio Shack has a similar one.

Also try Radio Shack. I found one on their website that looks like what you want, and it’s only four bucks. Plus you could bring the projector to your local store to verify that it’s the right one.

Thanks, everyone.

Patty O’Furniture, I found just the cord I was looking for at MCM for only $2.99 plus shipping, so I ordered it. Thanks for the tip.