Which actor/actresses have not aged well.

I don’t mean to threadshit, but the idea of pointing and laughing at beautiful people who had the temerity to get older strikes me as … distasteful. Some of the people being singled out are, in my view, extremely good looking (Keaton, Ford) but even those who are looking pretty rough are simply showing that they’re human, not robots or mannequins.

When I hear about someone not aging well, Mark Hamill always comes to mind. Take a look at the picture on his Wikipedia page and compare it to this one. Sure they were taken 40 years apart, but they sure look like a rough 40 years.

I watched a Mickey Roark interview recently. It’s in part age but his time in the boxing ring and plastic surgery, combined with aging, haven’t done his appearance much good. Now it’s just kinda strange at best. Although inside, he wore sunglasses throught the show. Perhaps he would tend to agree. Great actor, great personality, a bit curious in appearance.

Is this… is this a joke?

She looks great for her age. She just… aged. Is this thread about people who aged badly, or about celebrities who aged, period. because, all these folks look better than the average person, and it’s not even a bunch of plastic surgery failures. I mean, shit ya’ll, people get older and look less hot. It happens to everyone.

What an odd thread.

Yeah, that mental illness which nearly killed her, put her into a psychotic state, and for which she’s had electroconvulsive therapy and taken copious amounts of fairly toxic psychiatric drugs really messed her up. She was in the hospital for literally months. (Just being on antipsychotics will cause you to gain weight at a stunning rate… a family member of mine gained 30 pounds in a month.)

She’s had some very skillful plastic surgery done in the last few months, and she’s been losing weight as one of those weight loss program spokespeople.

Sorry for the snarkiness of my reply… but rather a lot of the celebrities being mentioned simply chose to age somewhat naturally or had significant health problems which caused their appearance changes.

He was in a car accident between Episodes 4 and 5. You know why his face was made to look all chewed up while hanging in the Abominable Snowbeast’s cave? It was chewed up with scars from the wreck.

That being said, he does look a lot like the Emperor in his wiki pic.

True, but in my opinion he actually did come out of the car accident looking pretty good (all things considered.) I should still have picked a picture form ESB or RotJ as my comparisson link, though. Maybe this one.

That’s actually not a bad way of putting it. Were I Mark Hamill, I would probably have edited the page with something a little more flattering, so kudos to him for not doing so.

Seriously, that’s a picture of a perfectly attractive older lady. There’s a big difference between that and, say, the hellbeast that’s wearing at least part of Kenny Rogers’ face.

We got in an unretouched red-carpet photo of '60s actress Carroll Baker recently, and I thought, “omigod, she looks *awful *. . . Oh, no, wait . . . she looks like what an 80-ish woman is *supposed *to look like.” I’m not used to seeing that on the red carpet.

I stand by my assertion that Robert Wagner has become an elderly lesbian, though.

PBS has been running a program of Irish music hosted by Patty Duke. I was truly horrified when I saw her. She is 64 and could be 80.

Maybe that was her identical twin cousin.

Shatner gone to seed?
He looks great for 80.

http://www.who2.com/blog/2011/03/william-shatner-is-80-amazingly

I had a feeling this thread would bring out the SDMB scolds. Look, some people age better than others. And some people have different opinions than you about what constitutes aging badly. Let’s not get our hackles up, shall we?

And FTR, I agree with panache45 that Bridgette Bardot is not aging well.

Leonardo Dicaprio’s head looks odder everytime I see him.

Not an actress, but a musician: Grace Slick

I saw her on some documentary thing a couple years ago, and didn’t recognize her till she spoke.

Erin Gray from Buck Rogers and Silver Spoons. I can’t find pics right now that demonstrate, but I saw her at Dragon*Con a few years ago and it scared me. Her skin was tanned to the texture of leather.

Nick Nolte was no an interview program recently and he looks and sounds absolutely horrible. It wasn’t this interview but you can get an idea around 2:20. Does anybody know if he’s had throat cancer (asking due to his Jack Klugman-like voice)?

Ryan O’Neal went from being one of the best looking 20/30 something men in Hollywood to being bloated ugly old man, and as with Nolte I’m guessing lifestyle had a lot to do with that, and looks the worse for obvious cosmetic procedures over the years (and for being a total A-hole).
Speaking of Jack Klugman, I saw him for the first time in a while recently on an interview show and was amazed at how good he looks (2011 pic) considering he’s almost 90 and used to smoke 5 packs a day.

I saw both Loni Anderson and Howard Hesseman at an autograph show in Atlanta in September.

She is tiny incidentally, but she looks like The Other Woman of Chucky from all the plastic surgery she has. She has no wrinkles, but not in the good way- in the “out of flesh” way, easily one of the most artificial people I’ve ever seen.
Hesseman is the opposite in that he hasn’t had plastic surgery but 70+ years of hard living are extremely apparent. The fact he was wearing a suit that looked like pajamas kind of heightened rather than the subtracted from the “should be in a day room” notions. Both were barely recognizable from WKRP, and it wasn’t just the fact it’s been 30 years.

In her heyday she looked like something that came out of an injection molding process.

Yeah…he’s put on a LOT of weight since even the 80s, but…even with the extra weight, he looks pretty good - he looks like a 60 year old… An over-weight 60 year old, yes, but nonetheless…

We privileged Americans, with our TVs and computers peopled with fantastically wealthy, styled, buffed, well-lit and surgically enhanced and corrected beings now find ourselves attempting to understand the nature of humanity, especially human appearance, through a really sad reality distortion field.

Really sad.