Which Arab Country Will Be First With A Nuclear Weapon?

Far be it from me to suggest Bush didn’t mean anything racist…and I do mean FAR be it from me, as it is no secret that I loathe Bush with every fiber of my being and that man can piss off multitudes with little effort…but my guess is that 99.99% of all Americans saw his "Paki"comment as a “complimentary, friendly” term for the Pakistanis…much like you would say, “the Saudi’s” or “Kuwaitis” or “Iraqis” etc. etc.

And no, e-logic, I would never say “Japs” or “nigger” as those terms are most certainly bigoted, racists terms in the US as well.

Once again, perhaps this “Paki” reference is simply ignorance, or the fact there is not a huge Pakistani community in the US to make the slur well known.

Any other Americans ever hear that “Paki” is a slur, or am I the only idiot on the board?

It’s just regional difference.

My american cousins always call me out for referring to chinese / japanese people as “oriental”… in the USA, “oriental” is for rugs and “asian” is for people.

In the UK, “asian” means (mostly) Indian sub-continent, and tends not to refer to korean / chinese / thai etc.

But hey, these boards are about fighting ignorance so don’t get stressed over it :slight_smile: