Which desk will P-E Trump choose?

There are only4-5 desks in the White House inventory to choose from; the Resolute Desk has been used the most by recent POTUSes. He might also bring one of his own as a handful have done.
My gut tells me he’ll keep the Resolute in place; apolitically speaking, what do you think?

The Bennington by kathy ireland 66-inch manager’s desk. Made from the finest American MDF by a classy lady who’s still at least a 7, and covered head to toe with only the best four-color inkjetted vinyl cherry veneer.

ETA: It comes with a convenient pencil drawer built in.

He’ll probably go out and buy something like this, and paint it gold.

You won’t be able to see it underneath all the pictures of himself anyway.

None of the above. He’ll sit briefly in the Oval Office for some photo-ops, but will operate from 1) Trump Tower, 2) his airplane, 3) someplace else, not the White House. Anyplace he has a phone and a [del]computer[/del]-- I forgot: he doesn’t know how to use a computer.

I suspect it will look more like this, except he is going to be awfully disappointed at how small the Oval Office is that he won’t be able to accommodate all of his mob asssociates, nor how difficult it will be to secret their bodies away after he has poison-gassed them. He would really have been better off just buying the role of a Bond villian, especially if he’d negotiated for points on the back end, but then making actual deals has never been his strong suite.

Stranger

Like old Hillary you mean ? Who never had a desktop computer as Secretary of State.

Prolly feared it would leak her emails.
The Resolute is nice in a Neo Gothic fashion — plus it once went walkabout in a travelling show, which seems apt for both Obama and Trump; the former as Ringmaster, and Donnie as Barker and Snake Oil Salesman. With Hil in charge of the Flea Circus.

I’m pretty sure the Oval Office will be redone to suit the turnip’s taste. Which will be gilded. I’d guess at something like this: http://www.johncwv.com/images/palace%20room.jpg

Another vote for something sort of gilded. Not 100% but with far more gold trim to be remotely tasteful.

I’m thinking something more like this - the room is even oval-shaped! Or he could just keep the Resolute Desk but have it gilded.

Is there a Scottish desk in the Presidential stock? He does like his Scottish heritage.

As far as I’ve read the only one not made in the US is the Resolute, a gift from Queen Victoria; as the name implies, it was made of materials from the British Arctic exploration ship Resolute. A plaque on its front reads, in part, ‘The ship was purchased, fitted out and sent to England as a gift to HER MAJESTY QUEEN VICTORIA by the PRESIDENT AND PEOPLE of the UNITED STATES as a token of goodwill & friendship. This table was made from her timbers when she was broken up, and is presented by the QUEEN OF GREAT BRITAIN & IRELAND to the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES as a memorial of the courtesy and loving kindness which dictated the offer of the gift of the RESOLUTE.’

Definitely the Resolute desk. On January 21st he will have Nicholas Cage in the office to start a treasure hunt.

I keep picturing a smaller desk, painted bright primary colors, with a lift-up pegboard top. The tiny pegs will, of course, be faux gold and his staff will become adept at ducking them when He Who Won’t Be Named has a temper tantrum.

This, in gold leaf.