You're President. How do you decorate the Oval Office?

Drapes, carpet, busts, paintings, etc.?

My taste in color would probably be considered horrid by many; I like gaudy red, orange and yellow and the drapes and carpet that I’d pick would make the Oval Office look like some modern avant-garde museum display.

Chair? I need something to support my lower back with my lumbar problems, I would have to get a customized one, not the stately leather one.

Resolute Desk can stay.

I would go with a bare minimalist approach and get rid of ALL busts, paintings, books on shelves, etc. - only leaving a globe, USA map and world map.

Skulls. Human.

Well, maybe just Atilla Hejja’s “Cape Winds”, some choice Robert McCall works, and some Frederic Remington and James Bama paintings.

But I’m still not taking skulls off the table—figuratively or literally.

Make it much less “stuffed shirt:” recliners to sit in, a decent sound system, fridge/bar, maybe a pool table – not the complete “man cave” experience, but Jeez, lighten up a little, White House!

Six pinball machines, an isolation tank, and a spinner rack that says, “Hey Kids! Comics!”

^ Yeah, what he said!

Tie dye.

Is the bowling alley still in the White House?

Good start. Next we need pool table, foosball, Pac Man, a pizza oven, and of course this drink dispenser by Pininfarina:

To honor a great president from our past, I would put a bust of Donald Trump in one corner.

Only if it was part of an indoor shooting range…

Otherwise, I’d probably go super modern, a really high end gaming chair with built in stereo speakers, massage and ergonomics (I’ll be in that chair a lot). Multiple screens with news feeds available, solid lighting, and an amazing sound system. I’d probably go light on the in-room snacks and drinks if I have an executive chef on order though.

Nobody is going to care or remember how the Oval Office would be decorated during my Presidency.I’d have lots of better things to spend my time on, If the previous President had used personal possessions I’d give them back of course.

I’d have the whole thing done in mid-Roddenberry, right down to the biggest wall of screens ever seen indoors.

Not quite sure what that is. Looks like the basement from That 70’s Show maybe?

Replace the doors with hippie beads, place lava lamps all around, put black light posters on the wall.

This remind me of The West Wing scene when Mrs. Landingham is telling President Bartlet he can borrow items from the Smithsonian to decorate the Oval Office. He asks if he can get Apollo 11.

That’s exactly what it is. Forman’s basement.

1970s Swingers Pad.
Bright pink & orange Shag carpets. Inflatable sofas.
A Disco Ball.
Lava Lamps.
A Waterbed.
And a marijuana leaf poster on the wall, behind the courage desk.
Groovey, baaaaaby!

I see what you did there.

I would want a bust of Trump, facing the wall with a dunce cap on.