Which Fast Food Burger Joint has The Cheapest Burgers?

Given that we live in a world where thieving corporations daily artificially jack up food prices to try to buy votes ( and to funnel money to the candidates which suck them off best ) I’d like to know which fast food burger places have the least expensive premium burgers?

Big Mac vs Whopper vs Wendy’s single vs ( no, I take this back: White Castle does not provide the same food stuff for the dollar ).

Thoughts?

I fucking despise inexpensive, premium hamburgers.

(If this thread gets moved, please delete this comment)

Can you explain how this process works? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

And does McDonald’s periodically take McRib off their menu so that people will be desperate enough to vote for Herschel Walker?

There’s a Dirty Eddie’s chain near me where you can get a Gristle Burger for $1. If you prefer chicken, they still have the Sack 'o Beaks on the menu I think.

I prefer the Bowl O’ Snouts at The Swine Shack. Accompanied by the Back Fat Shake.

::waiting for the first $10 fast food burger::

When I feel like a cheap fast food burger, there seems to be nothing that hits quite like the McDonald’s “cheeseburger”.

Of the ‘premium’/marquee burgers, I’m partial to the plain old Whataburger. If it’s got to be a nationwide chain, then the Burger King Whopper is my favorite.

I just miss the Dollar Menus at places.

Now they’re “value menus” and they just show you the items that are slightly cheaper then the other expensive stuff on the menu.

The one place that has a good deal is McDonald’s, where you can get any size soda for $1. Granted, it’s still a lot of profit because it’s just water carbonated by a CO2 bottle with a bit of syrup mixed in. I used to work at a movie theater and our soda cost us pennies per cup.

There’s no way that counts as a good deal, given that you can get two liters of pop for under $2 at nearly any store. And in every other regard, McDonald’s “value menu” is the worst of all of the major fast-food chains. Wendy’s and Taco Bell are probably the best, though they’re creeping upwards lately, too.

Rally’s/Checkers used to be the hands-down winner for cheapest burgers (I still remember when they were only a buck). Of course, they’re more expensive now, too, but probably still in contention.

It is compared to other fast food places. It’s not like I’m going grocery shopping and instead I’d grabbing soda there, I’m heading to McDonald’s instead. But if I’m out and about and want a drink, getting a giant cup of soda for a buck is a relatively good deal. It’s closer to $3 at other fast food places. You mentioned Wendy’s and Taco Bell; Wendy’s sells a large soda for $2.79 and Taco Bell has one for $2.29.

Though I do like the $5 meal deals that Wendy’s has. Those are tasty and will fill me up.

Compared to typical fast-food fountain drink prices, yes, that’s cheap. Plus I don’t want to carry a 2-liter with me if I’m just walking around with a pop in my hand of just want some soda for the car. (And 2L of soda here is more like $2.50 – my Target says $2.39 right now – unless you find a sale.)

I’m still not getting it. If you’re just getting pop, then why are you in a fast-food place at all? And if you’re getting a burger and fries, too, then the price of the pop alone is irrelevant; you have to look at the price of the whole meal.

It’s inevitable. Even dollar stores are mostly buck-and-a-quarter stores now, and Carl’s Jr.'s Six-dollar Burgers had to be renamed Thickburgers as the prices edged north of six bucks.

I’m driving somewhere, I’m thirsty, I want a drink. What do I do? Drive home, get out a cup and put ice in it and pour some soda then go back into my errands? Or swing through a drive thru for a few minutes on my way to my next errand and pay $1 plus tax for a tub of ice cold soda (conveniently put in a cup with a lid and straw for portability)?

What solution do you have for that situation that’s better? Sure, you could grab a drink before you leave but you might not want or need it then.

A bit of context for me; I don’t often eat fast food. I’m on a diet that has me eating things like little meal bars throughout the day. I’m not buying a burger and fries ever. But a zero calorie diet soda will hit the spot and not hurt my diet.

McDonalds had that dollar menu and I used to buy about four when going camping. They don’t need refrigeration! Everyone knows the joke about Mcdonalds fries found under the car seat after ____ yrs

I’m on the road and know McD’s has dollar pops or I’m there for the kids and pick up a pop for myself. And if I do pick up something for myself, it’s typically off the value menu and I never get fries.

Unfortunately, for Mcdonalds deals you have to go through the app now. Although, they tend to discount the chicken sandwiches more than anything else, you also get a lot of two for one or buy one, get one for .29 cent deals.

I’m kinda like @Atamasama … I’m not on a specific diet, but I rarely eat burgers. When I do eat one, I want a decent one. There aren’t any fast food burgers I’ve ever had that qualify. I’m certainly not looking for the cheapest one.

The big national chains are one thing, but regional chains can be a different story.

I want charbroiled and I want it on a hard roll.

The burgers at ALL the major chains suck the sweat off a dead mans balls. Mushy gluten globs for buns and questionable content for meat. And usually fried not broiled.

If I have to eat a macro burger A&W Papa Burger is as low as I’ll go.
Sometimes the Kwik Trip sells their cheeseburgers for $1.29. They have a burger bar so you can build an entire salad on top of the burger.