Which Hermes "Les Etalons" scarf do you like best? $$$$$

I’m on board with “gray because it makes the pattern more subtle.” The red doesn’t work for me and the blue could be nice but you’d have to really carry it off. The gray you could wear every day for the rest of your life.

Oooh, pretty.

As for the OP, I prefer the charcoal for reasons that others have already mentioned.

The charcoal one. Although I like the colors in the blue and straw, Hermes shouldn’t look that obvious.

I don’t really like any of them, the horse thing does nothing for me. Colorwise I like the burgundy first, then the charcoal.

I voted for burgundy because I like burgundy. But frankly I think they all look pretty stupid. Little horses are appropriate for pre-teen girls and look silly on an adult man, imho.

Tastes vary, and why do you have to come in here to threadshit? I hate threadshitters.

I’m sorry, I think they’re all fugly, including the one Ellen Cherry posted. (I like the color of the burgundy one but the horses make it look dirty)
However, this, I like.

If only I had the money - I like all 4 colors.

I hate the horse print. I mean, really really hate. But if the horse print weren’t there, I’d like the red one best.

I’m sorry, didn’t mean to threadshit. I thought the OP was ironic. I’m a cheapskate when it comes to clothes. And when I saw one appreciative comment about these scarves after another, I felt like I was in the Twilight zone.

Backing out now…

I suspect that every person has something on which they’d spend way more money than most people think is wise. I mean, I can’t even comprehend spending $800 on a scarf or a pair of shoes, but I’ve spent that much on other frivolous things that the OP would probably think I was crazy for buying. To each his own.

Hmm…ooh, off to start a thread! :slight_smile:

That gray scarf is pretty, though. I don’t like the horse pattern but you can’t really see it on the gray one. And it looks very soft.

HEY! No “fugly” and “Ellen Cherry” in the same post.

:wink:

Thank you for apologizing. But can we take it like this? I could never even dream of spending $810 for a scarf. Never. But for a few moments, I can pretend I am filthy rich and considering which of these scarves to buy for my SO. It’s a moment of escapism, so why can’t people just let us have them?

OMG - screw the scarves LOOK AT THIS BAG!!

I love it. Deeply.
Sooooo - anyone want to do me a solid and give me the $8K required to buy it? :smiley: Anyone??

<sob>

I like the orange, FYI in case anyone is making a shopping list…

cough

choke

EIGHT…THOUSAND…DOLLARS?

For a PURSE?

Oy…(takes deep breath)

Well, it’s wonderful that there are folks out there who can drop the price of a used car on a purse. Seriously. I’m not being sarcastic.

But wow. That’s just…mind-boggling to me.

I guess you’ve never heard of the Hermes Birkin Bag

From the link:

Makes $8K look positively frugal…

Here’s my rule of thumb about purses: If the purse is worth more than you have in your checking account this very minute, you cannot afford it.

Yes. Which is why I was hoping someone else would GIVE me the $8K so I could afford it. :smiley:

Sadly, if someone gave me $8K I would likely put it in Junior’s education fund rather than buying a fabulous purse. This motherhood gig is a mixed bag I tell ya…

Don’t you get it? Threadshitters like that are just so much more logical and reasonable than us, they don’t even consider these sort of purchases. Why buy couture when WalMart exists? Why eat at the French Laundry when McDonalds exists? They’re the kind of people who show up in Cafe Society threads claiming to “not even know who Britney Spears” is, and they imagine we oooh and aaah at what iconoclasts they are, how they transcend the rest of us sheeple who only spent $800 on a scarf because the media brainwashed us to think it was necessary.

She did apologize, and nicely.

I was just over in the other thread reading about the terrible threes. Don’t worry, pretty soon you’re really going to wish you had bought the bag - maybe to pull it over Junior’s head.

I kid! I kid!